View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023   #15
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surface View Post
Plasma has proven to run successful launches in the past, and I agree he has the right intentions (restore the community and run a successful product). By keeping .net online this is essentially competing with .com (inadvertently). I know that Fabrice is the one that owns the domain, but I think it's a worth conversation to have about truly what is best for the entire community. I give you and Fab credit for keeping this alive as long as you have when you didn't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I give credit too. They did a good job. I don't view this site as competition as much as I do a distraction. It's good to have multiple avenues of play types and servers. However, Plasma is providing that with a variety of worlds. .net can cause some confusion

I don't see .com going down hill. I see it prospering in ways soon that .net was unable to. Im not saying .net is inadequate, just saying real life can get in the ways of the attention a community needs to grow.

I don't want, nor see, competition between the 2. I do think it's best that the communities find a way to merge, with Plasma at the helm controlling everything the way he currently is
I only see that happening in a meaningful way via a sell
Distraction? Lol. There has been absolutely nothing at all to indicate anything at all what .com will become. It's good that you have faith in Plasma, but that's all there is, nothing has really happened yet.

Besides, I've made multiple mentions about letting someone take my place here. Yet here I am... Nobody was willing. I've also done everything in my power to enable anyone in the community to do whatever they feel like they can do better than me, without having to worry about whatever they think Fabrice or I might or might not do on .net.

We'll, as stated, remain online and available for those who have been playing here. If anything there has to be a better way to go about this than to shut this down.

That being said. We are, and have always, worked on things behind the scenes, so in the future there are eventually things to come. Though, not likely to see anything at all anything soon.

There just isn't any reason at all to do anything drastic for .net right now. Plasma and I have talked quite a bit, and we seem to be on the same page about most things, so I think we'll end up with a solution that'll work out for everyone.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote