View Poll Results: Pay to Play? (Please read thread before voting)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 28.00%
  • No

    18 72.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Pay to Play?

  1. #31
    Head of Development
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISSUES View Post
    If you want to make more money keep this true dodian server with cooler rewards for premium/ players /areas. This alone will entice new players.
    This is not to make money. Read the thread and replies, and you'll understand what this is about.
    Going to do Eldrios now; click here to join Discord

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
    Because I just wanted to see what people would think. I just wanted a rough idea on how much resistance I'd meed with such an idea.

    Not all decisions can be solely based on majority's thoughts. Administration will also need to decide what they believe is right for the future of this project.

    That being said; the only thing I concluded was how I wanted to implement it. I never decided when or even if I ever get around to activate this system. We'll have to wait and see what comes of this project without first.
    I completely agree and see your perspective with the administrative decision even though the majority lost. Just have a few questions in regards to how this would work once implemented.

    Once implemented although accounts already created wouldn't have the 24 hour period, would they still have to pay the $10 deposit to continue playing?

    Would this mean that all players have premium access once implemented?

    And last, how would this system allow you to put money toward advertisements and other needs if it is looked at as a deposit that can be collected whenever someone quits? Is it banking on long term players that you wouldn't have to deal with those quitting or strictly banking on people breaking the rules and keeping their deposit?

  3. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm extremely late on this, and I don't know what the verdict ended up being. But Dodian is a server based off of very limited longevity due to the way that the current economy is set up and stuff. Paying for an account would be ridiculous, especially due to the state of the game currently.

  4. #34
    Head of Development
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    I'm extremely late on this, and I don't know what the verdict ended up being. But Dodian is a server based off of very limited longevity due to the way that the current economy is set up and stuff. Paying for an account would be ridiculous, especially due to the state of the game currently.
    The verdict is that we may implement the system, but we won't activate it until we feel it would be ready. Which we have no idea when is.

    Either way! Dodian will have to undergo quite a few changes. Not only for this, but in general, for it to be a server that actually lasts.
    Going to do Eldrios now; click here to join Discord

  5. #35
    Head of Development
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I completely agree and see your perspective with the administrative decision even though the majority lost. Just have a few questions in regards to how this would work once implemented.

    Once implemented although accounts already created wouldn't have the 24 hour period, would they still have to pay the $10 deposit to continue playing?

    Would this mean that all players have premium access once implemented?

    And last, how would this system allow you to put money toward advertisements and other needs if it is looked at as a deposit that can be collected whenever someone quits? Is it banking on long term players that you wouldn't have to deal with those quitting or strictly banking on people breaking the rules and keeping their deposit?
    I must have missed your reply. However, this is just a deposit. Existing players will not be affected by it in any way at all.

    This does not at all help with money for advertisement etc. The only benefit gained from this is more control over things in general.

    So the only profit we'd get from this, is people who don't care to collect their deposit, and people breaking rules to such an extent that they get banned.
    Going to do Eldrios now; click here to join Discord

  6. #36
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    10

    Default

    why don't you just make a basic world (f2p) and expand it enormously for p2p. Such as the missing skills for p2p, unique items and npcs.

    I want to think along for new areas for p2p. And I think the regular classical players are also open to this and then go p2p.

    You keep the non-committal to grow the server and the regular players or those who want to continue to become p2p themselves.

    Combat Account: Supertje

  7. #37

    Default

    This is super late but here's my 2 cents. A 24 hour period to try is nowhere near enough if they want to experience as much as possible of the game before deciding to purchase premium, some may simply want to play it indefinitely. The thing with money is that unfortunately no one knows if they'll ever get it back unless if it was an automated system which would guarantee it. Furthermore, the price you are asking for is more than others would be willing to pay. Next thing you have to consider is the transfer fee, who is going to eat up that cost? I think your best bet for spam is to implement better spam prevention that to ask free to play members to deposit money. Wonderful ways of spam prevention could restrict message posting to once every 2-3 seconds. You could use the equivalent of regex to hide certain words types in certain ways. Just my thoughts on this.

  8. #38
    Head of Development
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junkbot View Post
    This is super late but here's my 2 cents. A 24 hour period to try is nowhere near enough if they want to experience as much as possible of the game before deciding to purchase premium, some may simply want to play it indefinitely. The thing with money is that unfortunately no one knows if they'll ever get it back unless if it was an automated system which would guarantee it. Furthermore, the price you are asking for is more than others would be willing to pay. Next thing you have to consider is the transfer fee, who is going to eat up that cost? I think your best bet for spam is to implement better spam prevention that to ask free to play members to deposit money. Wonderful ways of spam prevention could restrict message posting to once every 2-3 seconds. You could use the equivalent of regex to hide certain words types in certain ways. Just my thoughts on this.
    You misunderstood the whole thing. I'm considering this a closed chapter anyway.

    However, this is not at all to prevent spam. I would need to be a damn big idiot to not be able to prevent spam. Spam prevention is easy, and I already have sufficient solutions to that problem.
    Going to do Eldrios now; click here to join Discord

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •