Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

View Poll Results: Pay to Play? (Please read thread before voting)
Yes 7 28.00%
No 18 72.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2019   #21
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by a retard View Post
My response to this is mainly, what rules are you worried about being broken that this system would rectify?
It's meant to make sure that people don't make multiple accounts. I'm worried about scripts(/botting) mostly. But also being able to permanently ban someone without a way for them to come back, is convenient. Obviously they could pay to come back, but who's to say they won't be catched?
Old 04-30-2019   #22
legov
Premium

MY vote is no. Simply for the fact of building a player base beyond what is already here.
legov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019   #23
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by legov View Post
MY vote is no. Simply for the fact of building a player base beyond what is already here.
This is an idea, the purpose of the vote is to see what people think about potentially having it.

Basically what you're saying is that you're fine with it, when we've started to build the playerbase. Which is my intention anyway. This idea won't be implemented before a later time.
Old 04-30-2019   #24
zerutule
Registered Member

No, to big a barrier of entry for a private server. Just make premium p2p like it always has been, maybe include a trial period for that. We want people, yeah sure people may cheat/break the rules. That happens in every game though, p2p or not.
zerutule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019   #25
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerutule View Post
No, to big a barrier of entry for a private server. Just make premium p2p like it always has been, maybe include a trial period for that. We want people, yeah sure people may cheat/break the rules. That happens in every game though, p2p or not.
That I know, but it's less of a reason to do it in a game if you put a deposit into it.
Old 04-30-2019   #26
TehPureShow

Honestly, it's like shopping at a membership-only big box store, like Costco. I like the idea of it, but I've also brought you my concerns. I voted yes, tentatively. Best of luck.
TehPureShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019   #27
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPureShow View Post
Honestly, it's like shopping at a membership-only big box store, like Costco. I like the idea of it, but I've also brought you my concerns. I voted yes, tentatively. Best of luck.
I will for sure be very careful with this kind of setup - if implemented.
Old 04-30-2019   #28
ISSUES
Registered Member

Thumbs down P2P Issues

If you want to make more money keep this true dodian server with cooler rewards for premium/ players /areas. This alone will entice new players.
ISSUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019   #29
Sirvu
Premium

How on earth do you reach this conclusion for a 7-17 vote and mostly negative feedback in the comments?
Sirvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019   #30
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvu View Post
How on earth do you reach this conclusion for a 7-17 vote and mostly negative feedback in the comments?
Because I just wanted to see what people would think. I just wanted a rough idea on how much resistance I'd meed with such an idea.

Not all decisions can be solely based on majority's thoughts. Administration will also need to decide what they believe is right for the future of this project.

That being said; the only thing I concluded was how I wanted to implement it. I never decided when or even if I ever get around to activate this system. We'll have to wait and see what comes of this project without first.