Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 03-31-2019   #1
Nozemi

Default Official Beta

We're now launching the official beta, however, there are (almost) no drops on the NPCs, (a lot of the) xp rates are incorrect and a few other things.

Download the beta client here! It now also downloads the cache from the website!

I'm working on a new way to implement functionality, this way will let us change all of this easily, without restarting the server.

NOTE! I've dumped all of your characters from the current live server. However the progress you make on this beta won't count. So if you want to keep your grind going, please do so on the live server.

This beta isn't as smooth as I'd hope it'd be by now, because I spent a lot of time writing some backend stuff to help us further develop and maintain the server. You'll probably notice this once I push those changes live, I however have to convert all the skills and content to use the plugin system before I can do so. Realistically I should be able to piece that together by the coming Friday.

I hope that we can get these drops added shortly! I'm kinda waiting for someone else to do them, but if I have to, I'll gladly add them myself soon.

Please message me on Discord, reply here or post in the #server-issues channel on Discord about problems you discover!

I won't make any promises, but I'm feeling confident about an official launch within the next two months. By then we should have finished the server, fixed a lot of the issues all around, with website etc.

We're (slowly) making solid progress towards something actually worth advertising! I'm excited for the future of our project, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Old 03-31-2019   #2
Mrquarter

Woo! Exciting
Mrquarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019   #3
Cheetah

Awesome, I'll try it out soon!
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019   #4
skeefee
Premium

Amazeballs! Love the resizable window Thank you for your hard work
skeefee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019   #5
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeefee View Post
Amazeballs! Love the resizable window Thank you for your hard work
Thanks! My hard work will be a lot more noticable in a week, maybe two!

I've spent a decent amount of time, and put great effort into the command management and plugin system of the server.
Old 03-31-2019   #6
Nightleaf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
Thanks! My hard work will be a lot more noticable in a week, maybe two!

I've spent a decent amount of time, and put great effort into the command management and plugin system of the server.
I get inspiration credit.
Nightleaf is offline   Reply With Quote