PDA

View Full Version : Thieving XP Rates

thc
05-27-2019, 04:34 PM
Hey,

This is my first post and i'm quite new to the server so sorry if this has been mentioned before...

I've just hit 90 thieving which has taken a while, but now i've unlocked the Gem stall i'm only getting nearly half the xp that I was on the spice stall.

80 thieve required for spice stall & 5,000 XP per click.
90 thieve required for gem stall & 2,800 XP per click (and no loot either?)

it just seems a bit unbalanced and feels like the grind was not rewarding if you know what i mean?

thanks for reading.

Thc

Nozemi
05-27-2019, 04:44 PM
Agreed, there are lots of things I'd consider problems with the current server. However, I won't fix any of them, as the code is utterly trash.

However, the new server that I'm working on will have (or get) a fix for all problems. As well as see new content and features. :)

thc
05-27-2019, 04:52 PM
ahhh that's a shame! only reason I did it was to get some gems to craft xD think I will be stuck on 90 for a while then :(

Jabast
05-28-2019, 01:45 AM
Back when I was thieving I noticed this too. However not everything should be seen from an experience rate point of view in my opinion. Gem stall is the only access to loot that makes best in slot amulets for certain bonuses (Str ammy & Magic ammy) that's why I never minded the xp rate being that low. Besides, doing 1 stall at a time is a waste of time anyways, I'd suggest you to do rounds of 4-5 stalls. You get some herb supplies, crafting supplies (gems & hides from silk stall) and even smithing supplies. But anyways, you do you ;)

Sirvu
05-28-2019, 08:50 AM
Gem stall is the only access to loot that makes best in slot amulets for certain bonuses (Str ammy & Magic ammy)

Is the strength amulet better than the amulet of glory?

Nozemi
05-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Is the strength amulet better than the amulet of glory?

For strength, yes. So for melee that would be the best in slot.

Jabast
05-28-2019, 11:18 AM
For strength, yes. So for melee that would be the best in slot.

Magic amulet also better than glory spell dmg bonus wise :yes:

Nozemi
05-28-2019, 11:59 AM
Magic amulet also better than glory spell dmg bonus wise :yes:

Oh, didn't know :O

thc
05-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Back when I was thieving I noticed this too. However not everything should be seen from an experience rate point of view in my opinion. Gem stall is the only access to loot that makes best in slot amulets for certain bonuses (Str ammy & Magic ammy) that's why I never minded the xp rate being that low. Besides, doing 1 stall at a time is a waste of time anyways, I'd suggest you to do rounds of 4-5 stalls. You get some herb supplies, crafting supplies (gems & hides from silk stall) and even smithing supplies. But anyways, you do you ;)

ahhh thanks! didn't realise you got gems from the stall, usually you get money or an item and i wasnt getting any money and got no gems lol! I will keep doing the rounds, i've been doing it as you said but glad to hear the gem stall isn't a complete waste of time :)