Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Discussion (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Playing Dodian on Android device (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=534)

Sjocker 09-26-2020 11:10 AM

Playing Dodian on Android device

Hey.
I was wondering if it was possible to play Dodian on an Android device?
I did som digging, and found out that in order to run .jar files you need to download an app from Play Store called: "J2ME - Loader".
With this you are able to run those files in an emulated version.
But, when i tried to run it, it said: "Invalid Manifest", which must be the Manifest.mf file in the .jar file that doesnt work correctly with it.
I then tried to find some random java game on the web, which i downloaded to the device and ran it without any problems. So the App works, but just not with the DodianClient.jar file (i did test with some other rsps servers as well, just to check, which also didnt work).
I don't know if this would be possible for you to do, but if you could just take a look at it, i would be very happy. And i believe i would not be the only one :D:D

I skill now 09-26-2020 12:59 PM

They may need to enable something for this to work.

Pro Noob 09-26-2020 01:23 PM

If we ever do a new client, we could look into it. However I do not have a phone to test it out, so would need to work close with someone that do.
My assumption would be that phones do not use a manifest folder inside their jar's.

Sjocker 09-26-2020 04:56 PM

Alright, that would be cool :)
I checked the .jar file of the game i downloaded, and it had a manifest file in it. So i compared those 2 and I saw that it had a bit more coding in it. I don't know how to do programming, so i didnt want to jump into trying to solve it myself.

Nozemi 09-26-2020 07:15 PM

Not realistic to hope for a client that is compatible with Android.

Fabrice L 09-30-2020 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjocker (Post 2251)
Hey.
I was wondering if it was possible to play Dodian on an Android device?
I did som digging, and found out that in order to run .jar files you need to download an app from Play Store called: "J2ME - Loader".
With this you are able to run those files in an emulated version.
But, when i tried to run it, it said: "Invalid Manifest", which must be the Manifest.mf file in the .jar file that doesnt work correctly with it.
I then tried to find some random java game on the web, which i downloaded to the device and ran it without any problems. So the App works, but just not with the DodianClient.jar file (i did test with some other rsps servers as well, just to check, which also didnt work).
I don't know if this would be possible for you to do, but if you could just take a look at it, i would be very happy. And i believe i would not be the only one :D:D

J2ME is an app which loads jar files created for "Java 2 Micro Edition" basicly java that was build for and used in phones years ago. Will never work with full size java 8 jars