Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Dodian Server (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   New Server & Client (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=490)

Nozemi 05-07-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eikenboom (Post 2047)
and what revision it will be? OSRS? 317, 474?

And do we rework the forums again? This one becomes realy slow, also we run version 3 right now and 5 is out?

317, loading OSRS #130 or so. It's a Elvarg base.

Nothing will happen with the forums yet. vBulletin 5 is a pile of shit. If anything we'd go with vBulletin 4. But realistically we're not going to continue vBulletin at all if I am to do something with the forums.

I'm well aware that this one is slow. I could look into that. Quite sure that has to do with some shitty code that was produced on top of vBulletin over the years. I've noticed it's usually only slow on the frontpage and highscores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psionyx (Post 2042)
But economy isn't damaged.. it's just slow.

Economy is definitely damaged as a result of dupes. Whether we reset it or not is another discussion all together though. I haven't looked into what is currently in the economy, so I can't say for sure what best approach would be on the matter.

KxWarrior 05-07-2020 10:29 PM

how many resets has this server had since it closed since the original? Keep the stats/eco.

Nozemi 05-08-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KxWarrior (Post 2051)
how many resets has this server had since it closed since the original? Keep the stats/eco.

Too many. There is also this; how many times did we have solid code behind it?

Anyway, I don't think there will be a reset.

Fabrice L 05-08-2020 05:55 AM

There has never been solid code behind it. And the moments we actually had some solid server running people voted it off and wanted the old server back lol

Jobbernowl 05-08-2020 08:20 AM

Only people up to date here are people currently playing so the voting is kinda skewed. If some word got out there could be a new server with an eco reset I'm sure we'd actually have a playerbase.

Nozemi 05-08-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobbernowl (Post 2054)
Only people up to date here are people currently playing so the voting is kinda skewed. If some word got out there could be a new server with an eco reset I'm sure we'd actually have a playerbase.

Well, this is not a traditional vote. I just want to get an idea on who wants to vote what, then make a decision based on it in the direction that I think will benefit the most.

Although I don't see a real reason to reset yet. All it will get us in terms of playerbase is short term grinders that just try to stay #1. Who will leave once they're too far behind in the race.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabrice L (Post 2053)
There has never been solid code behind it. And the moments we actually had some solid server running people voted it off and wanted the old server back lol

This time they don't get to :)

Fabrice L 05-08-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozemi (Post 2056)
This time they don't get to :)

Hope they dont

At everyone wondering, I'm FMod bc I'm special 😛

Goku 05-08-2020 11:13 PM

I'll be back if everything is reset and an active team.

Pro Noob 05-09-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goku (Post 2060)

Just because no updates, do not mean the team has been inactive. (If you are refering to the staff team)

Nozemi 05-09-2020 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabrice L (Post 2057)
Hope they dont

At everyone wondering, I'm FMod bc I'm special 😛

Best forum mod ever :) Thanks for your services <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goku (Post 2060)

Realistically it currently seems like best you can hope for is a wipe of the eco. Though at the moment, it seems like the best route is to just carry on and try to tackle the current progress/eco in the best way possible.

That said, I probably won't be around to work hard on that part of the project. Let's put it this way; we're in phase 1, which is getting a new server live. Phase 2 is continued development, which I probably won't be arsed with personally.

Though after phase 1, we're looking at a Dodian that is easy to add on to, and everything is open source. Which means it's up to the community to shape it the way they want.