Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Dodian Server (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   New Server & Client (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=490)

Feared Box 05-09-2020 11:24 AM

If we are switching to a new base, and might not have access to getting items currently in game, then we definitely need an eco wipe at least. At that point, I just think everything should be wiped to put everyone at an even starting point.

Nozemi 05-09-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feared Box (Post 2065)
If we are switching to a new base, and might not have access to getting items currently in game, then we definitely need an eco wipe at least. At that point, I just think everything should be wiped to put everyone at an even starting point.

New base != new content. New base just means less bugs and an overall better experience playing the current game.

Feared Box 05-09-2020 09:01 PM

Sure, but it can also be a good time to rebase an eco where top gear isn't obtainable anymore. By either resetting the eco or making those items obtainable again. Regardless, either of those things can be done with or without the new base, just an ideal time I guess.

NotIdeal 05-09-2020 11:22 PM

Just make an iron man / HCIM mode to keep people happy without a reset.

Nozemi 05-11-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotIdeal (Post 2069)
Just make an iron man / HCIM mode to keep people happy without a reset.

That's a likely addition to be made along with the new server :)

lilho0ligan 05-11-2020 11:52 PM

if anyone wants a fresh start just make a new account. not fair for anyone to loose current progress because some want a fresh start

Nightleaf 05-12-2020 10:20 PM

Realistically it won't matter, until something fundamentally changes and a decent project gets off the ground this won't go anywhere like it hasn't for several years.

Cache 05-12-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightleaf (Post 2080)
Realistically it won't matter, until something fundamentally changes and a decent project gets off the ground this won't go anywhere like it hasn't for several years.

Thanks for your faith in us <3

Feared Box 05-12-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightleaf (Post 2080)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cache (Post 2081)

He does have a point though, there is a proven track record...hence the many times there has been new servers randomly popping up.

We need an actual team behind it first, then actually reaching out to find players through any means that we have.

Nightleaf 05-12-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cache (Post 2081)

Look at the state of the community and the server that people are playing. Then add in the history of Dodian in the last several years, I would love to see this flourish but I haven't seen evidence that it will. I'm not saying it to be rude but to make sure it makes someone work hard to get it vaguely close to what it was again, or to re-invent it into something new that is even better.