Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Suggestions (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Server] My Input (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=557)

Unlighten 11-08-2020 05:02 PM

My Input

I have a few suggestions:

Populate
  • Release the server to the public. Go ahead and put the community on a TopList. The influx of players will keep the developement and player community motivated. More players = more fun/motivation/suggestions/bug finds.

Modernize
  • Change the text interface to 317 with the ability to change according to modern RSPS style. Allow NPCs to walk around clipped, and not face south

Moneytize
  • Make it where we can pay-to-win to stimulate the economy. This will also help off-set the price of server upkeep costs.

Seasonalize
  • Much like Winten's co-developer back in the day, customize the client's login screen as well as snow on the ground, bobbles, auto-text color/style, etc. While you're at it, fix the login screen so the current background is used to type in login info, rather than a common interface.

I skill now 11-08-2020 05:07 PM

Populate: I agree with this, there are no negative outcomes in regards to adding the server to toplist's.

Modernized: I don't think the NPC's should be able to walk honestly.

Pay to win will never ever work out with the current player count we have. Maybe if we had 100+ players sure.

Seasonal: I agree, more rares should be added

Unlighten 11-08-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I skill now (Post 2367)
Populate: I agree with this, there are no negative outcomes in regards to adding the server to toplist's.

Modernized: I don't think the NPC's should be able to walk honestly.

Pay to win will never ever work out with the current player count we have. Maybe if we had 100+ players sure.

Seasonal: I agree, more rares should be added

Thanks for the speedy reply.
  • POPULATE--I assume pretty much everyone would love for us to have more players. Even if we don't reach the #1 spot for a while.
  • MONEYTIZE--I also assumed pay-to-win wouldn't be looked too highly upon. However, I suggested it due to the fact there are so many servers right now in the Top10 who have pay-to-win. Being able to buy items with real world currency would boost our income, but also stimulate the in-game economy. Better to do it sooner rather than later. The outcome would be alot of VERY loyal players being upset that their hard-earned work would be thrown out the window with newbies joining and already having max sets just because they have a good source of irl income. Tough decision when its on the chalkboard, but its very easy for me to go with the crowd and dismiss this one.
  • SEASONAL--We are lacking in rares. I think the server release would be awesome if we do it around Christmas and advertise the server as going through a 1 time release of certain christmas rares.
  • MODERNIZE--It does give a classic feel to have the NPCs facing south. :)

Fabrice L 11-09-2020 02:06 AM

On this base, having npc's walk is too much of a hassle. I started on that years ago but gave up pretty soon due to issues with the out of date codebase

Unlighten 11-09-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabrice L (Post 2376)
On this base, having npc's walk is too much of a hassle. I started on that years ago but gave up pretty soon due to issues with the out of date codebase

Is this the old Dodian/Devolution base? Who is the developer now? I heard Winten isn't with Dodian anymore.

Unlighten 11-09-2020 09:05 PM

Here is an idea like no other rsps has done. Why don't we turn this server into a democracy. Have admins handling finances of the server and the upkeep. While we have the developer doing his maintenance when he has time and the desire. That way virtually nothing changes, we just add a new branch of staff whom all get together and decide what to do with finances and such.

Fabrice L 11-10-2020 01:50 AM

Nothing changes cause that's exactly what's happening right now lol

Fabrice L 11-10-2020 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlighten (Post 2378)
Is this the old Dodian/Devolution base? Who is the developer now? I heard Winten isn't with Dodian anymore.

Pro noob is the only dev as far as I know.

Ivan is the admin.

Nozemi and me are just here to keep it online 😅

I skill now 11-10-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabrice L (Post 2381)
Pro noob is the only dev as far as I know.

Ivan is the admin.

Nozemi and me are just here to keep it online 😅

And I am here to gain EXP.

Eikenboom 11-10-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlighten (Post 2364)
I have a few suggestions:

Populate
  • Release the server to the public. Go ahead and put the community on a TopList. The influx of players will keep the developement and player community motivated. More players = more fun/motivation/suggestions/bug finds.

Modernize
  • Change the text interface to 317 with the ability to change according to modern RSPS style. Allow NPCs to walk around clipped, and not face south

Moneytize
  • Make it where we can pay-to-win to stimulate the economy. This will also help off-set the price of server upkeep costs.

Seasonalize
  • Much like Winten's co-developer back in the day, customize the client's login screen as well as snow on the ground, bobbles, auto-text color/style, etc. While you're at it, fix the login screen so the current background is used to type in login info, rather than a common interface.

Populate
be free to promte it.

Modernize
There is an opensource system releast by the dodian.net to develop a modern version, but we need time and motivation 2. U can find it on git! a few people include me has added some stuff to it, but is far form finish!
Moneytize
Pay to win is deleted! why, to kill that pop up dodian servers that always wil be te buggy version of it. What also die afther 1 or 2 months.

Seasonalize
So that client background i can do that for u, we need a better client. To develop one, isnt so easy!
But maybe i will look into it the next weeks. And when some people finish the beta on git, we can build on a modern stable base. But u need to get that people in here, and they must do it for fun, not for the cash :p

But keep bring up suggestions!