Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Dodian Server (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Pay to Play? (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=285)

Nozemi 04-30-2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a retard (Post 1117)
My response to this is mainly, what rules are you worried about being broken that this system would rectify?

It's meant to make sure that people don't make multiple accounts. I'm worried about scripts(/botting) mostly. But also being able to permanently ban someone without a way for them to come back, is convenient. Obviously they could pay to come back, but who's to say they won't be catched?

legov 04-30-2019 01:42 AM

MY vote is no. Simply for the fact of building a player base beyond what is already here.

Nozemi 04-30-2019 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legov (Post 1119)
MY vote is no. Simply for the fact of building a player base beyond what is already here.

This is an idea, the purpose of the vote is to see what people think about potentially having it.

Basically what you're saying is that you're fine with it, when we've started to build the playerbase. Which is my intention anyway. This idea won't be implemented before a later time.

zerutule 04-30-2019 08:19 AM

No, to big a barrier of entry for a private server. Just make premium p2p like it always has been, maybe include a trial period for that. We want people, yeah sure people may cheat/break the rules. That happens in every game though, p2p or not.

Nozemi 04-30-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerutule (Post 1122)
No, to big a barrier of entry for a private server. Just make premium p2p like it always has been, maybe include a trial period for that. We want people, yeah sure people may cheat/break the rules. That happens in every game though, p2p or not.

That I know, but it's less of a reason to do it in a game if you put a deposit into it.

TehPureShow 04-30-2019 10:31 AM

Honestly, it's like shopping at a membership-only big box store, like Costco. I like the idea of it, but I've also brought you my concerns. I voted yes, tentatively. Best of luck.

Nozemi 04-30-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehPureShow (Post 1126)
Honestly, it's like shopping at a membership-only big box store, like Costco. I like the idea of it, but I've also brought you my concerns. I voted yes, tentatively. Best of luck.

I will for sure be very careful with this kind of setup - if implemented.

ISSUES 04-30-2019 11:18 PM

P2P Issues

If you want to make more money keep this true dodian server with cooler rewards for premium/ players /areas. This alone will entice new players.

Sirvu 05-01-2019 05:07 AM

How on earth do you reach this conclusion for a 7-17 vote and mostly negative feedback in the comments?

Nozemi 05-01-2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirvu (Post 1131)
How on earth do you reach this conclusion for a 7-17 vote and mostly negative feedback in the comments?

Because I just wanted to see what people would think. I just wanted a rough idea on how much resistance I'd meed with such an idea.

Not all decisions can be solely based on majority's thoughts. Administration will also need to decide what they believe is right for the future of this project.

That being said; the only thing I concluded was how I wanted to implement it. I never decided when or even if I ever get around to activate this system. We'll have to wait and see what comes of this project without first.