Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Discussion (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rules discussion (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=14)

a retard 01-17-2018 05:09 PM

Rules discussion

MultiLogging :: 24 Hour Ban
- You can not be on more than 1 account at the same time. (This means 1 client per IP address only. Sorry for the inconvenience that might make for siblings etc.) **some exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.

Just wondering, as some iterations have allowed for multi-logging. Is this something that will be enforced/kept? I've enjoyed having mutliple accounts in the past. Having a skiller and a PVMer is a blast for me. Having rules on interaction between accounts (auto-dc when trading between account on same ip, figure out a way to prevent drop-trades) would be great but even then we get opened up to people VPN-ing and abusing the system.

On the flip side, I don't think interaction between a main and a skiller is all that bad. Got a rune pickaxe on your main that's only useful to your skiller? great, swap it over. Abuse here comes in the form of 12 accounts mining coal for one main skiller, which is obviously against the spirit of the game.

Would like to hear some input from the community as well as hear some dialogue from logan on this.

Thrill 01-19-2018 07:21 AM

Honestly in my experience with a fresh server new economy it can be a issue you can flood the market ����*♂️

a retard 01-19-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrill (Post 51)
Honestly in my experience with a fresh server new economy it can be a issue you can flood the market ����*♂️

I agree, all in all i'd prefer this rule be strictly enforced, but I also want to hear it reiterated publicly from Logan because otherwise we'll have people who at least do it at the start and get an unfair advantage.

Conversely, if the rule won't be enforced, it should be removed as some players will have a disadvantage compared to users who 'break' the rule.

Spunky 01-19-2018 03:20 PM

This rule has never been enforced so I doubt it. If they enforce it that's kinda stupid cuz an rsps at base is too boring for one account only. Skiller/pvmer is the way to go

Zman 01-19-2018 06:20 PM

I feel like this has always been one of those rules that is hard to enforce. On the original ub3r 3.0 I was actually warned and banned for this once or twice because my brother and I would be loggged in at the same time on seperate computers but the same IP.

Logan 01-19-2018 09:14 PM

I feel with our community being as small and tight-knit it is at this current moment, 2 accounts logged in at the same time is acceptable.

I have put measures into place to ensure this is enforced but obviously they can and most likely will be gotten around, hence why we'll have in game moderators to handle this.

a retard 01-19-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 59)
I feel with our community being as small and tight-knit it is at this current moment, 2 accounts logged in at the same time is acceptable.

I have put measures into place to ensure this is enforced but obviously they can and most likely will be gotten around, hence why we'll have in game moderators to handle this.

Will this include them being allowed to interact with eachother?

Logan 01-19-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a retard (Post 62)
Will this include them being allowed to interact with eachother?

Yes. Unless we want to decide against this.

Sikk 01-21-2018 12:39 PM

I feel like having more than one account should be ok. I like to have a main and a skiller but it would be stupid to play on them at separate times. I feel like 2 accounts should be the max per player. Just so they can have an alt.