View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019   #11
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightleaf View Post
First impressions are important if you want to pull in new players, I would imagine most people dislike the idea of cosmetics that you can buy. Take this idea and come up with interesting ways to add fashion scape to Exorth with new content for players to do.

Exorth/Dodian remakes have one large problem of creating their own identity and the best way to do that is to add content in the same vein and quality just as back then on the originals. If some of your first major actions is to sell items well then your motive looks like you just want money rather than create a fun unique experience for those few people who play.
That's my thoughts as well. I however don't believe @Artur wants to go right ahead and add a donator shop. But in the future it could be a thing, if people wanted it.

Personally I'm voting no, regardless of it being untradable, in the future or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPureShow View Post
From my mistakes, I'd say yes, but, tentatively. If you DO choose to add a cosmetic shop, make them entirely untradable. Reason being is, you'll push out 'Rare' items into your economy that anybody can buy to get ahead. Yes, you'll make a lot of money, but it'll take away the overall need-to-grind from the game, causing a very useless endgame and deflated economy.

Essentially, look at EA's Battlefront. They pumped out lootboxes. You basically paid to win. This is the inevitable if you choose to make all your items tradable.
Yeah, the untradeable is an absolute must if this is ever added.