Thread: Pay to Play?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019   #38
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkbot View Post
This is super late but here's my 2 cents. A 24 hour period to try is nowhere near enough if they want to experience as much as possible of the game before deciding to purchase premium, some may simply want to play it indefinitely. The thing with money is that unfortunately no one knows if they'll ever get it back unless if it was an automated system which would guarantee it. Furthermore, the price you are asking for is more than others would be willing to pay. Next thing you have to consider is the transfer fee, who is going to eat up that cost? I think your best bet for spam is to implement better spam prevention that to ask free to play members to deposit money. Wonderful ways of spam prevention could restrict message posting to once every 2-3 seconds. You could use the equivalent of regex to hide certain words types in certain ways. Just my thoughts on this.
You misunderstood the whole thing. I'm considering this a closed chapter anyway.

However, this is not at all to prevent spam. I would need to be a damn big idiot to not be able to prevent spam. Spam prevention is easy, and I already have sufficient solutions to that problem.