View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021   #1
Nozemi

Default Donations & Task List

We've gotten a few requests from people wishing to throw some money at Dodian to support it. We do appreciate that a lot, and would love to take donations. However I personally have denied every request for that because Dodian is in no shape to be worth spending money on at the moment.

However, what needs to be done for donations to be worth (in my opinion), is to complete the new server. Which brings me to the idea of setting up a list of tasks that needs doing, then let the community vote by putting money towards a task they want to see completed. Then since the server and client is open source, whoever completes the task will be receiving the bounty on that task.

If we were to do this, we'd have to make some conditions on certain tasks. Like no content-based tasks can be completed before the server core itself is ready and completed. It would also be crucial that enough people are actually this invested in Dodian that they'd wish to spend a worthwhile amount of money towards this, so someone would actually fulfill tasks.

Please leave your votes in the poll attached to this thread. If you have input on the matter, please leave it in the comments!