View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019   #12
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabast View Post
I have to agree with tictac on this one, I don't think it'd be a good idea to split up our small player base either. And since we were promised there wouldn't be a reset, I wouldn't like to see staff crawl back and reset anyways.
However I'm also pretty biased since I too have spent a lot of time on the server already.
I understand that, I really do. I've spent a fair amount of time grinding the server myself. All I'm trying to do, is find the better route to take, with an unbiased mind.

I don't want to reset, that probably won't happen. The second world would be to keep the current progress, more as a state of remake's history. Then a fresh start would be easier, because the stats and banks etc would still be available.

Doesn't even necessarily need to have a second world. Maybe just cut off the highscores to pre-release and post-release. However the thought I had on this wasn't to split our small playerbase. It was to see what will happen if we do two worlds.

We haven't yet done any effort what so ever to gain players, and yet we see an increase in playerbase. So if we start putting real effort into growing, I doubt two worlds would be a problem; secondly I doubt people would stick around on the world with current progress.

Mostly why people is against this kind of solution, is because it ruins the reason to grind the current server. Which I totally get. And given the history and amount of resets in this community, I agree that it's crazy with yet another reset.