View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023   #1
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Default Dodian.com is Back! What now!?

Hello, Dodianers!

I'm sure a lot of you are now curious to see where things are heading now that there is both a Dodian here and over at https://dodian.com/. So are we if I'm being honest.

First of all, we (the Dodian.net staff team) will not try to compete with .com and their project. We'll do what we can to continue our mission of keeping things up and running, and try to arrange for things to be a partnership between the two - this to whatever extent is appropriate and makes sense.

I know that's a bit vague - but we wish to see successful Dodian servers as much as the next guy is probably the short of it.

Sharing Discord?

Referring to this post from Plasma, as well as talk about it in the community - on various platform.

We've discussed it about internally. I've also talked to Plasma about it a little. The conclusion we reached, is that we don't see a way to set that up in a way that makes sense and is beneficial for either of the projects.

With .net and .com having different administrations (obviously!), it would most likely lead to more confusion and effort than it would reward.

With that said - we won't have or enforce any rules about discussing .com or events at .com anywhere on .net - be it in game or in the Discord server.

Partnership & Future

It's quite early to say much about it at the moment, and Plasma and I have not decided or talked about a lot of things - yet anyway.

My hope however, is that we try to avoid as much overhead as possible, to the benefit of both .net and .com. Meaning if we could find a way to share codebases, it'd mean more developers share the amount of work required. For me that would mean a lot less on my plate, and potentially helps with more things actually getting done.

Right now, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's an overwhelming amount of work to be done. This results in me most of the time being a bit all over the place, or no place at all - and rather work on other things than Dodian.

Community Input

Community input on the matter is greatly appreciated. Let us (both teams) know what you think.

I'm personally, at this time at least, especially interested in what the community thinks in regard to partnership/resource sharing (such as Discord server), and how to best execute that.

But any input leading to both teams being able to cooperate as much as possible, is greatly appreciated!
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote