Thread: Combat Feedback
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018   #2
Zman
Registered Member

Range gear, arrows, runes, bows, amulets, and mithril can all be made by skilling. I could add mithril as a drop but would you use it if I did? Would anyone?

I’m not saying we don’t plan on adding new things and expanding the games content, but what were trying to do here is to create something new, fun, and original that has longevity. I could add 20 new click-to-kill NPC mobs and 10 new click-to-kill boss NPCs right now and put them online tonight. We could have them drop fury amulets, bandos, godswords, armydyl, and infinity. But where do we go from there? How long will that be fun for? Just until you’ve gotten all the drops? Where does that leave us for potential future updates? Once all this stuff is added to the game; there is no way to take it back, so we need to make sure it’s added in a way that is fun for everyone, and not just people doing combat.

As we proceed with this project we plan on adding things like dynamic boss fights that aren’t just click and wait until it’s dead, we will be introducing minigames and quests along with interesting and entertaining ways to train skills; all with worthwhile rewards. But these things take time to do right. I assure you, if you are patient, you won’t be disappointed with what the future holds for Dodian.