Thread: Server bug?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022   #3
Adamtw
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Can you please advise me of the drop rate of the red key from both Dad and Abyssal Guardian as I actually notice that the examine box varies on every click. I spent a total of 8+hrs solely killing guardian yesterday and 6+ hrs solely killing Dad today. Whilst I understand that rng is rng, I can't help but think that if the server was in a position in which there was an active population playing (hopefully in the future) then this rate is far too low considering such a significant amount of content is locked behind it, and that this is just the first step on the ladder to end game.
I personally am on 550kc and collectively with my friends are over 800kc, all dry. Now whilst I also understand that there are others who have potentially gone 'dryer' I do think that the when considering the above mentioned point as well as the below, this is enough to perturb returning and prospective new players of a 'faster paced' RSPS (which Dodian positions itself from an xp perspective).
Bearing in mind at this moment in time there are no other players actively killing Dad/Guardian, when there is such a time that others are, this will mean that it'll take even longer to reach these seriously low drop rates due to the sharing of kills with competing players. This will lead to an increased amount of time newer players being locked behind this content wall , away from the mid-late tier content (let's be reasonable, Dad and Guardian are beginner content and spending 4-5 days killing just 1 thing over and over doesn't provoke much enthusiasm). In order to keep engagement and essentially proceed throughout the game, with reasonable pacing, things like having access to mobs which actually offer an alternative to rune weapons/armour (dragon essentially) break up the monotony of killing the same mob, with the same equipment for multiple days/weeks on end. At this rate the average player is looking to hit 3x 90 stats whilst still milling around with full rune and a rune scimmy at best.
All of the above in conjunction with there being no active trading market provides no means of progressing beyond this hypothetical ceiling unless you are to be gifted such items from existing players who have no use for them. Which is a rather unrewarding way of playing (albeit a friendly gesture from the community).

Apologies if this is coming across as a rant. I more so mean it as a suggestion in order to aid future player retention to enable an active player base, with a genuine feeling of progression within the game, and being able to access the features the server has to offer. As a returning player of many, many iterations of Dodian, I ultimately want to see the game thrive.
I appreciate any feedback/thoughts here.
Adamtw is offline   Reply With Quote