Thread: Plans Ahead
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021   #14
matokiller5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
This is a debate we've had many times. We need to consider the bossing situation. Although this is the case for many games. If you aren't strong enough, you won't be able to compete with the other players. Just like on Rust, if I'm not geared good enough and am able to kill the other players, I won't be able to kill Bradley to get it's loot.

Many games solve this particular problem with instancing bosses. However I'm not sure that's the best route to go. We need to think carefully about doing something like that. Enabling everyone on a server to be able to farm a single boss at the same time, or farm the same items at different locations at the same time, can easily flood the economy with these items.

However with the point system I had in mind, I was thinking about buying instance tickets, so you get an instance room with a boss of your choosing. These tickets will be bit pricey though, but at least it would be something to grind towards, other than competing with stronger players.

We can also further improve the importance of supplies, like potions and food. Maybe even add prayer. This gives skilling all the more reason to do, and makes bossing a bit harder. People might camp them less.

Also considering the bossing situation and the kbd situation. I think we should do something about all the boss mechanics and spice up things a little bit. The original Dodian bosses won't be changed much, but they will probably become something more than meat balls with health and some occasional damage.

There is a ton of things to discuss about Dodian, this thread is not the place to discuss all of it. This thread is mainly to discuss the point system and what you would like to see that turn into.
I didnt thought about instance room. It would solve everything. So i already changed my mind i think point system and buying instance tickets is great idea.
matokiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote