Thread: Plans Ahead
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021   #17
matokiller5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJF View Post
I'm sorry, Mato. I disagree completely with you here. The bosses have always been about competition and I think that shouldn't change. More potential rare drops would even destabilize the server further. I'd even go as far as saying the drop rates are too high considering the small community. Rares have become commons. Take yourself, you've gotten multiple whips. Would grinding even more actually benefit the server?

You got absolutely right and i agree with you in every sentence. But i think you dont quite understand what i want to change. I dont want to ruin economy and i want keep that competition about killing jad and getting red key as it is. Ill try to explain on example here:
The only thing i need is dragon boots. So i have to kill the only boss that drops d boots (KBD). But at the moment 1 player is killing KBD and 3 players are on wait list to kill him and they have higher DPS because they already got boots. What shoud i do? I have to wait.
So the solution that has been mentioned is instance rooms but it would kill the competition about item. We should add monsters like Mithril dragons that drop dboots, and at the same time decrease drop-rate. So for example if i have 1/100 chance to get Dboots from KBD, I would add Mithril dragons that drop d boots with chance of 1:5000 and also decrease droprate from kbd to 1:200 and it should keep economy in same shape. (didnt calculate it but its just example). So now i see KBD is occupied, i can kill Mithril dragons. Hope you know what i mean. And thanks for your reply.

''I'd even go as far as saying the drop rates are too high considering the small community.''

Yes, thats why i feel like droprates shoud be decreases on new server and eco should be restarted. First we need droplist with well thought out numbers, because its to late to change something once server is online.
matokiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote