View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019   #6
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodian View Post
So the (End Game) is horrible because we do not have the amount of content a server that once held 300+ people should have.

1) The boss system itself is WORKABLE, though can be improved. But it's not the boss system we should be looking at, it's the amount of bosses. We simply need more bosses. May a few changes to the boss system would make things harder ( in a good way ), Example; Instead of a boss dropping a whole key, maybe bring in "Half key" and make us have to get 2 parts of a key to be able to enter, and delete the combat level requirement for Dad.

2) End game Items. Well this is just a fail in itself because the end game items are a simple set which is easy enough to get and obtain. Add more end items. Example; New mage items, new range items, some new melee sets and weapons. This would make for more competitive bossing, pking, and mini-games.

3) Skilling - The skilling system is outdated, slow, and almost useless. If we could implement a system which makes skills useful. Example: Achievement points, more skilling items, more skilling areas.

4) For god sake please do not use this client/source. If you really wanna use it at least do basic updates to client. Fix textures, text, items. Or maybe switch clients to OSRS, and do Dodian based, in this way we will have 100s of new items, bosses, content..
1) I don't necessarily agree to more bosses. I think that we should first work with what we have, make it feel more natural/alive, if that makes sense.

2) The end game is trash, that's not a secret. However, there are multiple answers to making a nice end game.

3) The skilling system will need A LOT of work. It's so useless in it's current shape.

4) We're already looking into this.

I only mentioned two of the tings I've been thinking about in my thread. Because those two things are simple and will potentially make a decent impact on the gameplay. Achievements being one of them.

However, my main concern is to work with what we already have. There have been countless of attempts at adding new bosses, new items, new areas and things that moves away from how we know Dodian. So I'm thinking that it could be a good idea to start polishing the existing content, but not too drastically.