Thread: [Server] My Input
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021   #19
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamgod View Post
Who knows, but would be cool to get some updates like when you click somewhere multiple times then you DC.

Would also be sick if potion times were server time based always and wouldn't reset when you relog.

This servers potential is still very big up until this day.

Dodian was so successful back in the days due to the content being different from all the other servers: red, orange and yellow keys from bosses who weren't available in RS made it cool and unique. Better drops unlock when you reach a new boss with a new key etc. Monsters actually hitting in which makes fishing, cooking and eating food worth it.

Would be maybe a nice idea to set up some sort of a fond where people, who wish to donate could do so, to help with keeping the server up. Perhaps there would also be some money left over to hire someone who could help with the coding, as life gets busy at times and the owner cant code 24/7 next to everything else that is going on in their life.
I hear you, and I've considered donations. However the running costs of Dodian are very low, in fact they could be free if we wanted to. At the moment I think we pay $15/month for the server.

If we were to hire someone to program the server for us, that'd cost quite a bit of money. If I were to personally quote my hourly rate, it would be at least $30/hr.

Maybe we can setup something where we put a list of tasks, then have a donation fond that will go towards getting these tasks completed. Since the server is open source, we could even make it so the person completing a task is paid what the task is priced at.

There are however some things that needs to be in place for something like that to work, and it requires me, Ivan or Arch to get some stuff done prior to that.