Thread: Plans Ahead
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021   #4
BAJF
Registered Member

First of all, thank you for the update, we've waited patiently for this. I appreciate you reaching out to the community and ask for their input.

I like the idea of a point system, if implemented correctly. Right now, there is no competition over supposedly rare items and too many players are maxed out or nearly maxed out. All there is left is the hoarding of items.

Quote:
What items would you wish to see in this point store? (can be anything from OSRS)
Cosmetic, untradeable items only. I agree with Jabast on this, all it would do is decrease the value of the rare drops. Adding to the idea of limited-edition items, you can make those cosmetic items seasonal, i.e. bunny ears / easter baskets during Easter and H'ween masks during Halloween. Other cosmetics could include Cavalier hats, flowers, gilded armor: the original fashionscape items.

Quote:
Should we forcefully convert items and skills into points, or should be make it optional? Alternatively should we only forcefully do items, and leave skills, or entirely optional?
Simply put: no. Although it would positively balance the game, I believe many players would quit the game after seeing their hard work be shattered, which would be disastrous for the already shrinking player base. Let them be maxed out if they want, let them play the game however they want. I believe enough players will optionally revert their skills to create a new layer of valuables. It needs only a few to lead.

I do support an optional conversion of skill experience into points: it increases the longevity of the player journey on Dodian and add purpose to the grind. I do not support a forceful or optional conversion of items, which is where I disagree with Jabast. Converting items would not increase the value of the rares with such a small player base. It would only add temporary value to them and shift the emphasis from skilling to camping bosses at max level. Point rewards could be purchased too soon, as there is no competition at the bosses. This does not increase the longevity of the player journey, hence we cannot sustainably grow the player base.

Quote:
Should we have only tradeables or non-tradeables, or a mix of both?
Should we solely have cosmetic items or also gear/consumables?
Untradeables only. Preferably cosmetics. The economy should be more balanced and adding tradeables would disturb that even further. Runescape has always been about long, tedious grinds and although I believe some skills need to be more balanced, adding tradeables is not the solution.
BAJF is offline   Reply With Quote