Thread: Plans Ahead
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021   #7
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbernowl View Post
Full reset with proper advertising just through getting the word out (mainly for oldies) would make for quite a few people coming in to want to play a fresh Dodian once more. Myself included.
Too bad there is no telling whether it would be the best idea long term to completely reset or to find a way to make it work with what we have. Since there is no way of knowing a full reset would be the better route, I'm going to keep my promise of not resetting Dodian.

I feel like people who come back after a full wipe are people who wants to compete for that #1, and when they fall too far behind, or realize Dodian is boring after a week, we're back to being in the dirt again. I speak from personal experience with this, because I like that #1 race, and sometimes that's the most exciting thing about Dodian.

Conclusion is that a full reset is not going to help Dodian out. If that's needed for people to play, then those people don't really want to play the game. Which means those people are not going to keep playing for very long.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote