Thread: Plans Ahead
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021   #8
matokiller5
Registered Member

Default my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
Too bad there is no telling whether it would be the best idea long term to completely reset or to find a way to make it work with what we have. Since there is no way of knowing a full reset would be the better route, I'm going to keep my promise of not resetting Dodian.

I feel like people who come back after a full wipe are people who wants to compete for that #1, and when they fall too far behind, or realize Dodian is boring after a week, we're back to being in the dirt again. I speak from personal experience with this, because I like that #1 race, and sometimes that's the most exciting thing about Dodian.

Conclusion is that a full reset is not going to help Dodian out. If that's needed for people to play, then those people don't really want to play the game. Which means those people are not going to keep playing for very long.
Yes, I agree with you. I think the competition for # 1 is the most attractive and if we give a big advantage to the players who have played the game until now, I think it will discourage new players. Please don't punish new players for not playing before. Yes, I understand that the players who have played so far (like me) and have made some progress, feel cheated and they want some advantage, but dont be selfish. Who do you want to show your skills and your items to, if we discourage new players and putting them into disadvantage? In my opinion, what discourages players is not that they have reached # 1 and they have all items in the game, but that they are bored and have nothing to do. Its only because there are no updates coming. Just like OSRS, new items and new bosses are always added. So it should be here as well. Thats why i think a full server restart is the best solution.

- What items would you wish to see in this point store? (can be anything from OSRS)

I wouldn't add a point store. As it is in OSRS, there are no more rare items. I think this is the best solution. Maybe I would add a boss who would drop a party hat with an extremely small chance to get drop. For me, it would be an amazing challange to get an item with an extremely low droprate that no one has yet. I would kill one boss even a week until I got a drop.

So this is my opinion. Let me know what you think about it

Last edited by matokiller5; 04-02-2021 at 10:16 AM.
matokiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote