Thread: Server Growth
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019   #9
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
I don't believe 50-100 players would be an attainable goal for a Dodian server in current times. Maybe I'm wrong though because I haven't been in the RSPS scene in years.
Sounds pretty accurate to me. At peak we can reach about 50 players tops, if we have a clean launch and notice ahead of time. Then it quickly starts dropping after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
Of course, the ideal scenario would be someone undertaking a cool project with Dodian roots, but that's easier said than done. Not getting my hopes up any time soon based on the atmosphere around here, but that's fine with me personally.
That is my plan, but due to my real life situation I haven't been able to get enough done. Though I have started piecing together a website and a server etc. http://site.beta.eldrios.com/ is the website so far.

I was playing with the thought of meeting myself in the middle and recreate Dodian's content on that same source, so I can use Dodian as a "testing platform" for my software and then later use that software for Eldrios.

Whether this will happen in the next month or years I have no idea. There is a will to do something, but I don't currently have the means. I won't make any promises.

____

The intention of the current Dodian is to keep it pure, so no one feels exploited for the same server the 20th time. Hence everything being free to play, and pretty much flat out rejected any way of monetizing Dodian. No matter if it was cosmetics or perks. The current iteration of a Dodian remake doesn't really deserve to get any funding. Though if someone wanted to pay for ads, I wouldn't be stopping them from doing that, but I would sure as hell not recommend putting money towards that