Thread: Server Growth
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019   #5
Nozemi

This is probably the 10th time (or more) Dodian have been remade. What you're suggesting simply isn't sustainable, and have been attempted at least 9 times before.

I personally took a step back from running the project, so now I'm just making sure it's online. That was my promise, to keep the server online. Which it have been since February.

When it comes to advertisement, this is a piece of shit server, with a shit load of problems and outdated code. Seriously doubt a lot of people would want to play this. Someone even previously took the Dodian mail list and sent everyone an email, without much luck.

Problem is usually that the server is sustainable for a couple weeks, then activity will start dropping.

It's no secret that the content design is poor and could use an extreme overhaul. This was a server made for 2005-2009, which worked well, as the demand for quality was a lot lower than now. The server design worked as well, because there was enough players to sustain the economy. Always new players coming in, and always older players who had items available for sale.

So this is currently just being hosted so people like yourself can relive the Dodian days without any worries of it being shut down (unless for legal reasons, which probably won't ever happen).