Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 12-08-2020   #21
Fabrice L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timer View Post
Lol, love you guys but dodian is dead.. and this "bug" has been around for at least 6 months or longer.. goodluck my friends and just shut down this server.. its a lost cause
Timer wasting time to post this post to tell us what we've known for years.
Fabrice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020   #22
Jabast

Quote:
Lol, love you guys but dodian is dead.. and this "bug" has been around for at least 6 months or longer.. goodluck my friends and just shut down this server.. its a lost cause
Hi captain obvious, hru?
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020   #23
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice L View Post
Timer wasting time to post this post to tell us what we've known for years.
He's just 6 hours behind us, and probably even a bit slow. He had that feeling only after receiving his punishment anyway, bit odd that.
Old 12-10-2020   #24
Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
He's just 6 hours behind us, and probably even a bit slow. He had that feeling only after receiving his punishment anyway, bit odd that.
More like, I was just lurking out of the blue. Other mods that have yet to be listed were the ones who actually exposed this XP method. So, hint of advice, look into this more if you care.

and for you @noz I've always been a true fan of dodian based servers but the proof is in front of your eyes.. an xp dupe that's been around for months, no devs or staff caught on. the player count is always under 5. All of you put your focus into something that can actually pay off, for the user and the developer.
Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020   #25
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
More like, I was just lurking out of the blue. Other mods that have yet to be listed were the ones who actually exposed this XP method. So, hint of advice, look into this more if you care.

and for you @noz I've always been a true fan of dodian based servers but the proof is in front of your eyes.. an xp dupe that's been around for months, no devs or staff caught on. the player count is always under 5. All of you put your focus into something that can actually pay off, for the user and the developer.
"an xp dupe that's been around for months, no devs or staff caught on"
It has probably been around for some time but not been discovered until a month or two ago. It can be easier to find these ones if people actually reported them instead of abusing them.

"the player count is always under 5."
Not always. There are sometimes over 10 people, it all comes down to what time of the day people have some spare time.

"you put your focus into something that can actually pay off"
This is a free to play game, enjoy it or dont. We did this to ensure our players that do play have a fair ground.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020   #26
Fabrice L

Quote:

The point of Dodian isn't even to pay off, it's here just for nostalgic reasons. It's not like any of the involved people are emptying their pockets on this. Think that's just Nozemi and me paying stuff here right now and we're not even active members of the community, counts for me atleast
Fabrice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020   #27
Nozemi

Quote:

I will repeat this once again; this Dodian is up for the sole reason of avoiding that people keep starting these up to just shut them down again every so often. And who knows, maybe we one day end up making something that works better than the current server.

To me, this is about more than making something to make money, I don't want to make money off of Dodian. I also can't justify spending all my spare time programming Dodian. Especially not in my current situation.

It's just funny how you mentioned your opinion after the fact you got banned. You seem to always have to try and insult people when things don't go your way.
Old 12-11-2020   #28
Jabast

Quote:

I had already gotten onto this like a long time ago, but thought the logs were just broken. And just because staff aren't trying to do gamebreaking stuff, doesn't mean you shouldn't report any bugs/glitches. Player count had been around 15 many days before this incident happened. You seem to know alot even though I never see you log in. Everyone here knows this is just up for nostalgia's sake, so no one minds, you're just bitching to be bitching at this point.
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020   #29
Spunky
Banned

Good god damn hahahahahaha this is why I left.
Spunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020   #30
Hooch
Administrator

I love you all. This is all I came to post.
Hooch is offline   Reply With Quote