Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2019   #1
Bro
Premium

Exclamation Advertising.

Would some sort of advertising on something like RuneLocus be worthwhile? I feel like the game would be a lot more fun if there was a larger player base.
Old 08-03-2019   #2
Nozemi

I don't know, but I was thinking of posting our website on Rune-Server and announce an event to release rares. Dodian ain't Dodian without rares!

Old 08-03-2019   #3
Bro
Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
I don't know, but I was thinking of posting our website on Rune-Server and announce an event to release rares. Dodian ain't Dodian without rares!
We should have a donator raffle for rares and put some money towards the server or put some money toward you Arch for hosting/developing the server or money toward advertising
Old 08-03-2019   #4
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro View Post
We should have a donator raffle for rares and put some money towards the server or put some money toward you Arch for hosting/developing the server or money toward advertising
Donator raffle for rares? As in people have to pay to have a chance to get them? I won't do that for sure. Already have a plan for how to introduce rares.

Other donator related activities are not likely to happen either. Unless it's actually donations. I will not have any kind of cosmetics or other features that costs real life currency.

If players wish to pay for advertisements, we could arrange that. Though I doubt we'd collect enough money to make that worthwhile. Besides, this server is not interesting to play unless you played Dodian back in the day. Which ultimately makes paying for advertisements a waste of money (almost entirely anyway).

Personally I think it's sufficient to post a simple thread on Rune-Server and/or RuneLocus about our Dodian.

When it comes to giving Arch or myself money, that would work like tipping. Personally I have my PayPal link in my signature. How Arch wants to do that, if he wants to, is up to him. Point is; it's already possible to send money our way, if you desire.

I don't really want any real responsibility for Dodian, because I have other things that I want to spend my time on, or requires my attention. A Dodian remake is beating a dead horse. It's never going to be popular again. The only way to get a spike in player count, would be to reset the server and have a fresh start. That's not a solution however, because in a few weeks, we'll be back to what it is right now.

I open-sourced the code we run so anyone who wish to can contribute code, by submitting merge/pull requests to the repository.

I'm only hosting this to avoid the need for a new Dodian remake every year or so, where someone swoops in, makes a few bucks on premium and shuts down (whether or not the point is to make some quick bucks don't matter, I'm tired of seeing new servers every year, with the same shitty content and same shitty bugs/vulnerabilities).

For the reasons above, I started a new project; Eldrios. Which is what I intend to use to have a sustainable RSPS with the same style that Dodian is, but taken to the next level, and made more "compatible" with 2019.

Old 08-04-2019   #5
Pro Noob
Developer

I do not have tipping as Nozemi stands for the actual cost, I just dedicate some of my time for stuff (not much atm).
Closed Thread