Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Old 07-18-2019   #1
Chambe
Registered Member

Default Some suggestions

After being back for a few days and having spent some hours on the server, I have a few suggestions, which are mostly QOL.

First of all: Being able to right click monsters disregarding their combat level. Just a small(?) QOL change that would make slayer tasks (and everything) more tolerable.

Open the door to the Seers' Village chapel so one would be able to use the altar for prayer training.

On to some slayer/NPC suggestions:

More of certain monsters. On some slayer tasks, with only two players killing a chosen monster, you'll be standing around waiting for spawns. Makes the game a lot less interactive. Especially in the dragon lair after dragons got added as slayer tasks.
- Green dragons (2/3 more?)
- Blue dragons (1/2 more?)
- Red dragons (1/2 more?)
- Greater demons (2/3 more?)
- Mithril dragons (1/2 more?)

Berserk barbarian spirits aren't in vast scarcity, but there's currently a few more inside a locked gate. Can't see a reason for the gate to be closed tbh.

I feel like most monsters have very unrewarding and boring drop tables, and adding (more) herbs to the drop tables of certain monsters would go a long way in my opinion. After killing about 150-ish Abyssal demons I think I got about four or five herbs, three runite bar drops and two rune arrows drops. Not a huge sample size, but the task felt very unrewarding, atleast for something requiring 90(?) slayer.

Smithing suggestions:
- Up the smithing speed a bit
- Make X/Make all option
- Superheat Item! I'd love to see more spells added to the game, and Superheating I think would be a switch of pace for both smithing and mage.
Chambe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019   #2
Pro Noob
Developer

The right click would require some client work. Not sure if we should make it hold down shift to activate or if every single mob is first click attack. This would not apply to pickpocket npc's.

Should it be like Heroes guild where you click on the door and it open just for you? Or should we make it stay open when you open the door?

Are you suggesting we lower the respawn rate or are you suggesting to add more monster of set type? Or is it something else, cause if so please explain?

The gate was suppose to be for a quest, but if people want a way to open it I am sure we can arrenge it.

Most mobs have unrewarding drop table due to how Dodian drop works, the more drops we add the more favorable the system will give you. That mention, I do think giving herbs and second ingredience drops to mobs will be neat. This however is not a easy task to balance so if you got suggestion like alchables or ideas to make something more worth let us know.
Also a side note, Abyssal demons are 85 slayer.

Smithing interface is cache based, so there is not much we can do about it server sided.
Aka for this to work, we'll need to update the interface (Smithing, crafting, etc..), this makes it so you need to dl a new cache.
Should the smithing speed be depending on the bars used or just a general speed?
Superheat would be nice, should it cost 2 nature to cast?

Last edited by Pro Noob; 07-18-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019   #3
Chambe
Registered Member

Quote:
Should it be like Heroes guild where you click on the door and it open just for you? Or should we make it stay open when you open the door?
Either would be fine I think.

Quote:
Are you suggesting we lower the respawn rate or are you suggesting to add more monster of set type? Or is it something else, cause if so please explain?
Add more. Respawn rate is fine I think, but standing around waiting for respawns sucks.

Quote:
The gate was suppose to be for a quest, but if people want a way to open it I am sure we can arrenge it.
Neat. Maybe a key? There's already a shit ton of keys in the game though, so I don't know if that'd be the best. Perhaps one could pay a fee to one of the slayer masters to unlock it.

Quote:
Most mobs have unrewarding drop table due to how Dodian drop works, the more drops we add the more favorable the system will give you. That mention, I do think giving herbs and second ingredience drops to mobs will be neat. This however is not a easy task to balance so if you got suggestion like alchables or ideas to make something more worth let us know.
Also a side note, Abyssal demons are 85 slayer.
I'll take some time and come back with another post with some suggestions for this!

Quote:
Smithing interface is cache based, so there is not much we can do about it server sided.
Aka for this to work, we'll need to update the interface (Smithing, crafting, etc..), this makes it so you need to dl a new cache.
Should the smithing speed be depending on the bars used or just a general speed?
Superheat would be nice, should it cost 2 nature to cast?
General speed imo.
At the current state, I think maybe one rune each cast would be fine. There's not exactly and abundance of runes in the game (atleast in circulation). Maybe new spells and updates to magic should come after updates in drop tables and runecrafting (e.g. new rune types, multiple runes)
Old 07-18-2019   #4
Pro Noob
Developer

Added some more spawns now. I will add Mithril dragon spawns at a later date.

There will be no key required for the gate if it were to be added. It would be like with the Chapel in seers.

Thanks for taking the time

Still feel like 2 nature rune is suffice but 1 will do. Will be in a future poll.
General speed means using 5 bars is same as using 1 bar aka 5 bar will be faster. If that is what you feel like, it'll be in a future poll.
Old 07-18-2019   #5
Chambe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
General speed means using 5 bars is same as using 1 bar aka 5 bar will be faster. If that is what you feel like, it'll be in a future poll.
Oh. What's the norm, and what's it like on OSRS?
Old 07-18-2019   #6
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambe View Post
Oh. What's the norm, and what's it like on OSRS?
Long time since I smith, but as far as I know it takes longer time the more bars you need to use. General timer + bars * 0.6 sec.
*edit* Seems like they got the same speed all around, Will see if I skip it from poll.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 07-19-2019 at 05:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2019   #7
Jabast

I think we need to slow down a bit on all the PvM updates cause I came back and all I see is loads of PvM content pumped into the game without fixing some stuff that is just completely shit. Herblore and Runecrafting are both insanely slow skills, that's not the issue, whilst it already took long enough to get essence for 99rc, you now have the wizard at the bottom of the tower, which indeed does save some time. As it stands getting 99rc with the highest exp rate possible would leave u with about 115k useless cosmic runes. getting 99 rc with bloods & cosmics takes just about the exact same amount of time. And then only being able to get herblore supplies from drops and them being really low rates is absurd. Would it be hard for you to introduce farming to this server at any time in the near future?
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019   #8
Ivan
Retired Staff

*Add a few more dragons

*Increase smithing on anvil speed from a value of 5 either 3 or 4

*Make X/Make all option

*Superheat Item! I'd love to see more spells added to the game

*Add randomized herb/ingredient drops to all 'announced' boss drops...
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019   #9
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabast View Post
I think we need to slow down a bit on all the PvM updates cause I came back and all I see is loads of PvM content pumped into the game without fixing some stuff that is just completely shit. Herblore and Runecrafting are both insanely slow skills, that's not the issue, whilst it already took long enough to get essence for 99rc, you now have the wizard at the bottom of the tower, which indeed does save some time. As it stands getting 99rc with the highest exp rate possible would leave u with about 115k useless cosmic runes. getting 99 rc with bloods & cosmics takes just about the exact same amount of time. And then only being able to get herblore supplies from drops and them being really low rates is absurd. Would it be hard for you to introduce farming to this server at any time in the near future?
Drops are consider a pvm update as it is pvm drops. The reason why there are so many pvm updates is because combat is the most popular ingame.
Except from drops is there anything else to the Herblore skill?
The runecrafting part I have looked into but not done much as a poll is currently running for this, but it do not seem like it is going to pass. So if you got suggestions like rune pouch or balance the experience, let us know.
Old 07-20-2019   #10
Luhan

Some extra suggestions....

When smithing: add a "make all" option when smithing arrowtips.
When fletching: the maximum amount when combining feathers with arrow shafts is set to 420 headless arrows. This should be set to the max amount of arrow shafts and/or feathers including the combination of arrowtips & headless arrows.
Luhan is offline   Reply With Quote