Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2019   #1
Dope

Default 2nd Orange Key Drop

Have 3 people looking to get the orange key, pretty hard to do that with how long it takes to spawn. The good side of it is encouraging players to do other activities, but still, can't help but feel this does more harm than good for the population.
Old 12-22-2019   #2
Pro Noob
Developer

What do you suggest?
Old 12-23-2019   #3
Nozemi

That's one of few things in Dodian that actually works.

Old 12-23-2019   #4
Psionyx

The idea is that who ever does the most damage gets the drop. If dodian had hundreds of ppl playing, they'd all attack the boss and the lucky/strongest player would do the most damage and get the drop. With the low population, people are nice to eachother and it creates a feeling of "who's turn is it to kill" or "I was here first", when really people should be competing against eachother to get the drop if there's multiple people trying at the same time. It's not about being fair, it's about playing the game. Nice guys finish last lol
Old 12-23-2019   #5
Dylann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionyx View Post
The idea is that who ever does the most damage gets the drop. If dodian had hundreds of ppl playing, they'd all attack the boss and the lucky/strongest player would do the most damage and get the drop. With the low population, people are nice to eachother and it creates a feeling of "who's turn is it to kill" or "I was here first", when really people should be competing against eachother to get the drop if there's multiple people trying at the same time. It's not about being fair, it's about playing the game. Nice guys finish last lol
I completely agree with psionyx here completely, dodian back in the day you would always have to compete like a game should be, everyone wants to have the best stuff. But today in this era, with the low population and everything, people are just nice, and if you ever need anything and if we have extra we always try to help out.
Old 12-23-2019   #6
Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
What do you suggest?
I was thinking of a second spot, but it seems like I'm alone on this one besides one other player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionyx View Post
That's a good point.

I didn't realize that the drop was given to player who dealt the most damage, when I posted this I assumed it was whoever hit first.

Last edited by Dope; 12-23-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-23-2019   #7
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope View Post
I was thinking of a second spot, but it seems like I'm alone on this one besides one other player.

That's a good point.

I didn't realize that the drop was given to player who dealt the most damage, when I posted this I assumed it was whoever hit first.
I can confirm that it is based on who deal the most damage.

I would not say having another spawn will help to solve whatever you propose.
Cause then there will be two bosses of the same drop table being camped.

The only way it can really be solve if we allow people to have a chance at the key whenever they deal atleast 20 or 25% of the damage. However this would take away a achievement some player's have done
Old 12-23-2019   #8
Dope

Quote:
I can confirm that it is based on who deal the most damage.

I would not say having another spawn will help to solve whatever you propose.
Cause then there will be two bosses of the same drop table being camped.

The only way it can really be solve if we allow people to have a chance at the key whenever they deal atleast 20 or 25% of the damage. However this would take away a achievement some player's have done
I don't see how the first key having two drops isn't an issue, but this is.
Old 12-23-2019   #9
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope View Post
I don't see how the first key having two drops isn't an issue, but this is.
Never said it was a issue. I just stated it would take away from some people's achievement.
Also two npc's dropping the first key is a old dodian design and have been since release, just like the other bosses only has 1 source to drop it.

Another way we could fix it is rarely it drop from monsters within the part of where the key goes.
Like fire giants have a really rare chance of dropping the orange key, mummy the yellow key. But the fact still remains some people who had camped the boss previously might not like this due to it showcase a achievement they did.

It is not a bad suggestion, if we went out of our way with it we would first need to poll it.
I would like to hear more ideas about this topic, as I have mention some.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 12-23-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2019   #10
Dope

Quote:
Never said it was a issue. I just stated it would take away from some people's achievement.
Also two npc's dropping the first key is a old dodian design and have been since release, just like the other bosses only has 1 source to drop it.

Another way we could fix it is rarely it drop from monsters within the part of where the key goes.
Like fire giants have a really rare chance of dropping the orange key, mummy the yellow key. But the fact still remains some people who had camped the boss previously might not like this due to it showcase a achievement they did.

It is not a bad suggestion, if we went out of our way with it we would first need to poll it.
I would like to hear more ideas about this topic, as I have mention some.
Both pretty good ideas, alternatively you could give dragon drops to other monsters. Last two encounters with "monster-hogging" seemed to be due to dragon drops rather than people looking for the key.

Edit: On second thought, maybe just leave it as is. It's motivating me to train.

Last edited by Dope; 12-24-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Closed Thread