Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 06-30-2019   #1
Nozemi

Default Maintaining & Running Dodian

So now that I have resumed the operation of Dodian, and put the website back in shape, I don't really intend to do a lot more development-wise. However there are multiple developers in the community that could do things when they have time and/or feel like. @Pro_Noob is currently willing to do some development on various stuff.

The source code is also open source, so everyone can see everything that goes on in the source code. It also means whoever wants can make pull requests to it, to propose changes. If you do, let me know and I'll check the changes and merge it into the server if I approve.

If you have suggestions to what can improve the life of a Dodian remake, please throw them at us in our suggestions forum-section. Please bare in mind that if the change is too time consuming, it's less likely to happen. Dodian remake is beating a dead horse, but I've promised to keep it running indefinetly, so that's what I'm going to do.

When it comes to rares, that's a crucial part in that nostalgic Dodian aspect, so we'll try to come up with a way to release rares. They will be releasd in announced events, so we can hopefully gather a few more people than currently here.

Also see my previous announcement!
Old 06-30-2019   #2
Ivan
Retired Staff

Great decision for the overall longevity and well-being of Dodian.
+1 Glad to have you back!
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019   #3
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Great decision for the overall longevity and well-being of Dodian.
+1 Glad to have you back!
Ah yeah, mixed feelings about being back, but at least it's one less thing for Artur to take care of and I could bring the site back to life, in working order.

We're still beating a dead horse, and I don't see how we can ever get this server to grow, no matter how we change it. But it's up and running for those who feel like killing a bit of time with this old childhood memory.