Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2021   #1
Savageboiii
Registered Member

Default Trade/Sell Disabled

Since disabling of trading, dueling and selling , barely any players have been playing on the server.. Come one guys fix the issue or atleast enable the trade and just control the server.. Its getting quite annoying.. You cant trade sell or duel, its just too boring all you do is grind.
Old 08-11-2021   #2
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageboiii View Post
Since disabling of trading, dueling and selling , barely any players have been playing on the server.. Come one guys fix the issue or atleast enable the trade and just control the server.. Its getting quite annoying.. You cant trade sell or duel, its just too boring all you do is grind.
Our mods are policing it while the issue persist.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021   #3
supertje
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
Our mods are policing it while the issue persist.
they are hardly online, so I would say appoint someone who is online regularly, and as far as I know dodian has trade logs, does it show the dupe or not? who has what before and after?
Old 08-11-2021   #4
Savageboiii
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertje View Post
they are hardly online, so I would say appoint someone who is online regularly, and as far as I know dodian has trade logs, does it show the dupe or not? who has what before and after?
I agree.. Im on almost everyday and I can confirm that player count is dropping cuz you cant do shit on the server anymore except grind all day
Old 08-11-2021   #5
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
We do have trade logs, but that do not hinder people as seen before.
I do not assign moderators so I would not know if they are online or not.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021   #6
Jabast

Quote:
I do admit that I haven't been online, due to being allowed to leave quarantine again. I've managed to monitor trades quite well last week, however I am very busy with work. We will discuss this topic in staff chat asap, sorry for the inconvenience..
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021   #7
Kash
Registered Member

I notice this too, luckily you can drop trade so I have been using that method to transfer supplies from my gathering account to my main but I can see why players would avoid the server based off this
Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021   #8
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

I’m painfully aware of how annoying this is. At this point I’d say the options are:
1. Enable trading and eco (or full wipe) server once new one goes live.
2. Keep it as is, while we wait for new server to go live.

I’ve made an attempt to fix the dupe. I did not succeed, and it doesn’t seem to be a simple fix. Not that I’m the most experienced rsps developer around. I’m really just a web developer, but learning.

Reasons like this case is why Dodians source code is public. So anyone in the community could fix it. I know there are capable people in the community, or at least were. Apparently nobody is really interested in doing the work that is necessary to retain a remake of Dodian. Other than the current team of developers. For that reason things take an awful long time and things might never get fixed. I personally gave up messing with the current server, as it’s simply not worth spending couple days figuring out how to prevent this dupe for happening.

This said, I didn’t even expect people to be interested in playing Dodian this far out. It’s been over 3 years since this run went live. That’s probably over 2 years longer than any remake have ever run without having a reset. So my focus isn’t really to retain player count, I’m more focused on restoring player count once we have something I personally think is good, instead of this bugged out shot hole of a server.

I’m sorry for the inconveniences this situation causes. Sadly not in my power to have an immediate solution that has no consequences. So I’ll naturally pick the one I feel is best long term.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021   #9
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Also! While we do have trade logs. They aren’t good enough to really detect if someone is duping. The only reason we noticed the duping in the first place, because it was massively abused. It became very obvious that nobody gathered that amount of resources.

When it comes to appointing other staff members that are more active, I guess it could be discussed. However I’m not too keen on that for a solution either. Option 1 and 2 form above are the only solutions to the problem in my personal opinion.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021   #10
Ivan
Retired Staff

Patience is a virtue.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote