Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 04-22-2021   #1
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Default Dodian Beta

I'm pleased to announce that we've just launched the website phase 1, which is a beta version of our new website. You can see that on https://beta.dodian.net/. Currently it's very basic, and it does lack some essential features, though everything essential that took time is out of the way.

What has taken most time is for me to dive back into PHP and also start learning Laravel (a PHP framework). Though I feel like most of the really essential things are understandable now, so plowing through the work of adding new features should be fairly simple.

Staffing Situation
Last announcement I made was about the unfortunate split of Dodian and RuneLives. There was an incident, which is already public knowledge, and following there was a disagreement/dispute between the managers of each project. I would like to state that there are no issues between us/me and RuneLives in any way.

Though we are happy to say that we have continued to work with HoocH. He will continue to work with the rest of the staff team to bring Dodian forward.

Nightleaf has also offered his help with Dodian going forward. Which is awesome and means we're probably looking at way quicker development than if I had to do most of it myself. Though Nightleaf will also help manage the project and fill in any gaps he can.

Dodian's Future - Game-wise
We have some plans I personally believe are going to be awesome addition to Dodian. I mentioned it in the Discord announcement that I wrote for those who are in our Discord server (be it the community one or our official game Discord). I won't release anything concrete as of now, as very little is set in stone, at this point it's just small drafts. Though I can share that we're not about to mindlessly add OSRS content into Dodian, we want it to remain Dodian, but still offer new experiences. We believe this is required in order to bring in new people and increase our population, which a lot of you have been asking for since the beginning of this remake run.

I have also told you since forever that we are not about to advertise Dodian in it's current state, however when we're closer to an actual release of the new server, it will be in a state that we can proudly advertise to the RSPS communities and hopefully pull some attention and increase our population.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021   #2
supertje
Registered Member

Nice and welcome back @nightleaf, its great to see you joining the development team!
I hope we make soon also big progress on the server side,

When we stay at a non osrs server, i can do the map editing again is u all want.
Old 04-24-2021   #3
Nightleaf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertje View Post
Nice and welcome back @nightleaf, its great to see you joining the development team!
I hope we make soon also big progress on the server side,

When we stay at a non osrs server, i can do the map editing again is u all want.
Thanks! We will share things when we are ready to talk about them, for now just know that we are working on things.
Nightleaf is offline   Reply With Quote