Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

View Poll Results: Official Release: Two worlds? Prior and post release?
Yes 8 32.00%
No 15 60.00%
Blank 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2019   #11
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambe View Post
I've also spent a fair share of hours on the server, but splitting it up would be pretty pointless. A reset would be pretty harsh, no doubt, as there are players closing in on max total etc., but if the gameplay would be pretty different from the current server, I wouldn't really mind.

If, for example, new skills and improved drop tables would be added, the whole meta of playing the game would change (for the better imo). As of now, playing the game is very straight forward. Nothing inherently bad in that, just that it gets a bit repetitive and boring in the long run.
That's my thoughts exactly. Which is what we will be looking to do shortly after launching the new server.

Could probably retain the current stats and features in it's own contained world, and open a new world where we apply those changes.

I'm open to any (good) solution to this situation. Regardless of what we choose to do regarding this, it will be a difficult situation to make, as any decision has pros and cons.

Some people have also suggested lower XP rates, which I am in favor of, but given the amount of time this has ran now, it doesn't make a lot of sense to lower them. But long term, it wouldn't matter much.
Old 04-16-2019   #12
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabast View Post
I have to agree with tictac on this one, I don't think it'd be a good idea to split up our small player base either. And since we were promised there wouldn't be a reset, I wouldn't like to see staff crawl back and reset anyways.
However I'm also pretty biased since I too have spent a lot of time on the server already.
I understand that, I really do. I've spent a fair amount of time grinding the server myself. All I'm trying to do, is find the better route to take, with an unbiased mind.

I don't want to reset, that probably won't happen. The second world would be to keep the current progress, more as a state of remake's history. Then a fresh start would be easier, because the stats and banks etc would still be available.

Doesn't even necessarily need to have a second world. Maybe just cut off the highscores to pre-release and post-release. However the thought I had on this wasn't to split our small playerbase. It was to see what will happen if we do two worlds.

We haven't yet done any effort what so ever to gain players, and yet we see an increase in playerbase. So if we start putting real effort into growing, I doubt two worlds would be a problem; secondly I doubt people would stick around on the world with current progress.

Mostly why people is against this kind of solution, is because it ruins the reason to grind the current server. Which I totally get. And given the history and amount of resets in this community, I agree that it's crazy with yet another reset.
Old 04-16-2019   #13
Chambe
Registered Member

I'm all for a reset (or chucking the current server to another world or w.e) but I think we need to know asap if that's going to happen.
Chambe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019   #14
Neighbor
Premium

I used to play this game all the time in the glory days im so happy i randomly searched dodian today im on the beta now, just for nostalgia i hope to see this server actually be released soon
Neighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019   #15
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
I used to play this game all the time in the glory days im so happy i randomly searched dodian today im on the beta now, just for nostalgia i hope to see this server actually be released soon
It is actually released. There is however a larger update, revolving around replacing the client and server, with something more stable, that will allow us to evolve this Dodian server into something better.
Old 04-16-2019   #16
Neighbor
Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
It is actually released. There is however a larger update, revolving around replacing the client and server, with something more stable, that will allow us to evolve this Dodian server into something better.
wait so what im playing on right now is released or beta?

seems like no one is on at all
Neighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019   #17
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambe View Post
I'm all for a reset (or chucking the current server to another world or w.e) but I think we need to know asap if that's going to happen.
Don't think a reset will happen, unless the majority decides they want it (in such a way we will know it's not biased opinions).

I think what will happen, is that we continue with the current progress, on the new server. Launch the new server as a bigger update, with events. And let the official launch be in the past (when this current server opened).
Old 04-16-2019   #18
Skilling
Registered Member

so excited for this
Skilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019   #19
Dude

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
Don't think a reset will happen, unless the majority decides they want it (in such a way we will know it's not biased opinions).

I think what will happen, is that we continue with the current progress, on the new server. Launch the new server as a bigger update, with events. And let the official launch be in the past (when this current server opened).
This sounds spot on to me.

Looking forward to some community events.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019   #20
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
wait so what im playing on right now is released or beta?

seems like no one is on at all
If no one is on, that's a beta. You need to click the play now link in the top to play the live server.