Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Server > Discussion

Old 09-11-2019   #1
Gizmo

Default Suggestions

Suggestions:

::toggleroof A way to toggle the appearance of roofs.

Game chat filter for skilling activities that flood the chat.

Cows instead of chickens.

Attack NPC left click for any level foe.

Herb guide irit and kwuarm images are swapped.

Make KBD respawn a little quicker. It's a long run to the lair, with a small entrance fee and a long a respawn. Having a slightly shorter respawn time would make killing him a little less painful. Clearly this is an opinion because all his drops are BiS melee items this would make his drops slightly more common.

Power amulets could be less rare from guards.

Crystal Bow is currently worse than Magic short bow.

Barbarian agility hurdles should be jumpable from any side.

More shortcuts similar to the Dag Prime shortcut.

Christmas hats/scarves/maybe baubles.

Last edited by Gizmo; 09-11-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019   #2
Thor

Strong suggestions. Please incorporate toggle roof, shit kills me.
But shoot let’s not forget about Halloween coming up!
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019   #3
Pro Noob
Developer

"::toggleroof" I see no problem with this.
"Game chat filter" not sure about this yet unless there is specific messages you want to filter out.
"Cows instead of chickens" they are kept as chicken due to dodian feel, I am in favor of changing it though.
"Attack NPC left click for any level foe." did sadly not pass a poll so will not be implemented. However if alot more people want this I might consider repolling it in the future.
"Herb guide" will be changed.
"Superheat ore" You can already use superheat on ores.
"Make KBD respawn a little quicker" could be done but it is the same respawn for all bosses around. It is even lowered the more people that are online.
"Power amulets could be less rare from guards" sure.
"Crystal Bow is currently worse than Magic short bow" in terms of what? Crystal bow has 30 more range attack bonus then magic shortbow.
"Barbarian agility hurdles should be jumpable" seems like a nice quality update.
"More shortcuts" got any in mind?

Last edited by Pro Noob; 09-11-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Pro Noob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019   #4
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
"::toggleroof" I see no problem with this.
"Game chat filter" not sure about this yet unless there is specific messages you want to filter out.
"Cows instead of chickens" they are kept as chicken due to dodian feel, I am in favor of changing it though.
"Attack NPC left click for any level foe." did sadly not pass a poll so will not be implemented. However if alot more people want this I might consider repolling it in the future.
"Herb guide" will be changed.
"Superheat ore" You can already use superheat on ores.
"Make KBD respawn a little quicker" could be done but it is the same respawn for all bosses around.
"Power amulets could be less rare from guards" sure.
"Crystal Bow is currently worse than Magic short bow" in terms of stats? If so it should not be.
"Barbarian agility hurdles should be jumpable" seems like a nice quality update.
"More shortcuts" got any in mind?
For the filter, mainly like woodcutting "You get some logs," I don't remember if there's ones for fishing/mining either.

Sorry I didn't know superheat was implented, will remove, + nice!

I think Head Mourner(kind of a boss) and Dag Prime have different timers.

Crystal bow stats are a little higher but its slower and can tell its much worse DPS than Magic short just using it for 2 minutes. If it was worse and had the cbow effect of not using arrows it would be understandable. But right now it sucks all things considered.

For shortcuts, KBD would be a nice one. Make it easier to do other bosses during the down time, also making the respawn timer less of an issue. Maybe Nechryael & Ice Queen.
Old 09-11-2019   #5
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
For the filter, mainly like woodcutting "You get some logs," I don't remember if there's ones for fishing/mining either.

Sorry I didn't know superheat was implented, will remove, + nice!

I think Head Mourner(kind of a boss) and Dag Prime have different timers.

Crystal bow stats are a little higher but its slower and can tell its much worse DPS than Magic short just using it for 2 minutes. If it was worse and had the cbow effect of not using arrows it would be understandable. But right now it sucks all things considered.

For shortcuts, KBD would be a nice one. Make it easier to do other bosses during the down time, also making the respawn timer less of an issue. Maybe Nechryael & Ice Queen.
Slayer bosses are not being yelled, so they got a different timer.
The shortbow is 1 tick faster then crystal bow but crystal bow got 30 more range bonus which is I believe 5 more damage. So the dps is better for crystal bow. Due to calculating after 30 seconds the magic shortbow attack 6 times and crystal bow attacks 5 times. The average damage is 63 for magic shortbow and 65 for crystal bow. This is calculated as 20 damage regular which is 10.5 due to 21 values and 25 for crystal bow with average of 13 with 26 values. (0 damage count)
Just double this if you wish to go with standar 1 minute.
There is no shortcut, so how would we go and implement it in the lair?

Last edited by Pro Noob; 09-11-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2019   #6
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
Slayer bosses are not being yelled, so they got a different timer.
The shortbow is 1 tick faster then crystal bow but crystal bow got 30 more range bonus which is I believe 5 more damage. So the dps is better for crystal bow. Due to calculating after 30 seconds the magic shortbow attack 6 times and crystal bow attacks 5 times. The average damage is 63 for magic shortbow and 65 for crystal bow. This is calculated as 20 damage regular which is 10.5 due to 21 values and 25 for crystal bow with average of 13 with 26 values. (0 damage count)
Just double this if you wish to go with standar 1 minute.
There is no shortcut, so how would we go and implement it in the lair?
So no KBD timer change, ok.

If all this is true, then new suggestion: fix ::max

I thought y'all made the Prime Shortcut? Could this not be done elsewhere.
Old 09-11-2019   #7
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
So no KBD timer change, ok.

If all this is true, then new suggestion: fix ::max

I thought y'all made the Prime Shortcut? Could this not be done elsewhere.
It can be done it was just more to think about what kind of shortcut it is. The one at prime is just a custom added object to enter.
Do you want it to be a shortcut from one side of the wall to the other or a direct shortcut straight to the entrance.

It is not about fixing the ::max it is about the max hit formula for range.
I thought personally +30 range bonus would be 5 dmg, but it looks like it was way less then anticipated.
Regardless I am unsure if this is good enough or if it need a change as the formula is how dodian used to have it.
In runescape range attack only give accuracy but dodian made it calculate damage.
REgardless the damage is 80 for magic shortbow and 85 for crystal bow with those values the crystal bow still owns in dps (~2.67 for magic shortbow and ~2.83 for crystal bow)

Last edited by Pro Noob; 09-11-2019 at 08:30 PM.