Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

View Poll Results: Server Wipe/Reset Upon New Server/Client Launch?
Yes, reset everything! 36 44.44%
Yes, but only reset the eco! 7 8.64%
No, let's keep our current progress! 38 46.91%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020   #1
Nozemi

Default New Server & Client

Thought I'd let you know that over the past few days I picked up my Dodian work again to work on a new server and client. You can follow the progress of the development on Github.

First off we're going to remake Dodian the way Dodian was, with little to no changes. When that's done, we'll launch it and start shaping it's future, or leave it the way it is.

I also thought it's time we then see some payable, in terms of cosmetic items, maybe other perks. Haven't started planning this yet, but we're open for suggestions!

I will also stress that we have no plans to reset the current progress. However it's an option to do that once we go live with this new server, if the community favors it and it's the right move that is.

Old 05-05-2020   #2
David

yaaaa reset it once it goes live
Old 05-05-2020   #3
Jabast

I think just eco reset would be fine, but then again who am I rite?
Old 05-05-2020   #4
Psionyx

Excited for this! Though, I'd be a no vote on the reset myself. Those who want a reset, have their own personal reasons why lol.. mostly stakers who lost it all. If people want to start fresh, make a new account possibly? The quest to be the richest on the server is why many don't just start over.. want the reset as to not have to compete against the people winning. Just my opinion on resets. Let people keep their progress I say. If everyone was running around with 20 whips and phat sets like it's wooden sheilds.. then yeah reset. But economy isn't damaged.. it's just slow.

Last edited by Psionyx; 05-05-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2020   #5
L2mbChop

No reset man i have grinded here so many hours, i think i would not play it again from 0
Delate items maybe but not the skills
Old 05-06-2020   #6
junkbot
Premium

The only way I would accept to have a reset is if those who have spent so much time already grinding get perks. I don't know what perks, but there should be something no one can get, like prestige levels in COD. Say for example there was an extra skills or something or somewhere where you kept store of the prestige. That being said I would not want it reset. I've always been a firm believer in expanding the game further to add new features for those who are higher level. Maybe another boss or two, maybe some new items for them to get, but definitely not a hard reset.
Old 05-06-2020   #7
Jabast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionyx View Post
Excited for this! Though, I'd be a no vote on the reset myself. Those who want a reset, have their own personal reasons why lol.. mostly stakers who lost it all. If people want to start fresh, make a new account possibly? The quest to be the richest on the server is why many don't just start over.. want the reset as to not have to compete against the people winning. Just my opinion on resets. Let people keep their progress I say. If everyone was running around with 20 whips and phat sets like it's wooden sheilds.. then yeah reset. But economy isn't damaged.. it's just slow.
Don't think any staker responded here yet but k
Old 05-06-2020   #8
Psionyx

I'm just reffering to instances I've seen in-game chats and discord, and not particularly recent as we don't have many people playing this moment. The people I've seen saying there should be a reset are people who have a reason why, not that the economy is truly broken. And noones gunna say "I got cleaned, reset the eco" either.. I'm not naming names or instances, I'm just being general on my reasoning why I don't want a reset as I don't believe the economy is broken. Things like the new year's event would have been a huge waste of time. Many of the 20+ people we had on then still have their accounts, if they choose to come back just to start at square one again might be a deterant, as many were fresh accounts. Most new dodian players are returning players. Just my opinions on the matter. If the vote passes on reset then so be it. I just don't understand why people can't just make new accounts if they want to start fresh, what does it matter what everyone else has for stats and their bank? I'm usually only in favor of eco resets after something like a massive dupe that caused damage beyond repair

Last edited by Psionyx; 05-06-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2020   #9
Eikenboom

and what revision it will be? OSRS? 317, 474?

And do we rework the forums again? This one becomes realy slow, also we run version 3 right now and 5 is out?

Last edited by Eikenboom; 05-07-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2020   #10
Skip the Gym

no reset, and i'll stop staking
Closed Thread