Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 02-05-2020   #1
Nozemi

Default Health & Plans Ahead

I would like to announce the plans that we have and the status on those plans.

Though first; some of you may wonder what kind of role I have in Dodian. I don't really have any role, besides being behind the scenes making sure Dodian is online. Other than that I pitch in where and when I can find the time and interest to do so.

Dodian Server/Client
There are various critical bugs with playing Dodian now as far as I've understood. These issues are being fixed, just takes a bit of time.

The plan is to port Dodian's content to a Elvarg base. Which means a way more robust solution than what we currently have. Will still keep it open source, so the community could contribute code-wise as well.

For code contributions we'll probably have to write a little guideline about how that's done.

I would hope to have this completed by the end of March, but I can't promise anything.

No! It will not mean anything is being reset. We'll move your current progress over to the new server.

Website
The website we're using right now is in no way a robust solution, and limits the maintenance and possibilities on Dodian. I will try to find the time to rewrite the website, replacing the vBulletin platform we currently use.

I will probably just use what I'm building for Eldrios, which will take time as it's in heavily development. It also means we'll no longer have a forum like we know it today, most communication is focused through Discord, or official announcement posts from staff on the site.
Old 02-05-2020   #2
Cache
Registered Member

As you can see our entire game server as well as the website we utilize will be getting a huge overhaul in the upcoming weeks to ensure we have the best platform for our members to play on. We thank everyone for their patience ahead of time and are looking forward to the future of Dodian!

Please register / log-in Dodian discord channel for the latest updates and announcements. I am also keeping a lookout for all questions / PMs you may have.
Cache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020   #3
Conscio
Premium

Good luck, and thank you for your executive contributions .
Conscio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020   #4
Selbach

Sounds like a fair bit of work is being done..

Though my question: Is this specifically for Dodian as it sounds like the main concern is a new server - This place is just going to be left to die right instead of actually trying to make it successful?

It seems very little care is given about this place.. In which, the amount of Dodian revivals and comebacks, I can see why.

I hope a new project is the main concern.
This place should just be left online for nostalgia and not have any attempts made on it thinking Dodian is capable of being a good server in 2020. It's way too outdated and to make it successful is to make it not Dodian

This place deserves to be left as a good memory for us all and the glorious name Dodian should not be dragged through dirt, it's worth more than that.

Looking forward to seeing the new projects and hopefully the new project is something serious

Last edited by Selbach; 02-07-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Selbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020   #5
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikenboom View Post
maybe u can use phpbb for the forums?
No thanks. We're not going to use PHP at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbach View Post
Sounds like a fair bit of work is being done..

Though my question: Is this specifically for Dodian as it sounds like the main concern is a new server - This place is just going to be left to die right instead of actually trying to make it successful?

It seems very little care is given about this place.. In which, the amount of Dodian revivals and comebacks, I can see why.

I hope a new project is the main concern.
This place should just be left online for nostalgia and not have any attempts made on it thinking Dodian is capable of being a good server in 2020. It's way too outdated and to make it successful is to make it not Dodian

This place deserves to be left as a good memory for us all and the glorious name Dodian should not be dragged through dirt, it's worth more than that.

Looking forward to seeing the new projects and hopefully the new project is something serious
New project is indeed the main concern. Although I'd like to see a playable Dodian that stays online for the nostalgia, however much there is left of that at this point.

Using the same website solution as my new project means it'll be easier to maintain both sites.

Server-wise I'm going for a 667, so not sure if that'd be ideal for Dodian. Who knows though, would be fun with a HD Dodian too. In my opinion at least.

If you want a good Dodian in 2020, it really isn't much left of what is Dodian. So better leave it as is, and keep it online for those who wants to experience it.
Old 02-07-2020   #6
Eikenboom

maybe u can use phpbb for the forums?
Old 03-10-2020   #7
Neighbor
Premium

any update for ship tickets?
Neighbor is offline   Reply With Quote