Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 07-22-2022   #1
Pro Noob
Developer

Default Changes 22/7 - 2022

We talked about during our poll to change combat abit. It looked like most people do not mind or want combat to be change somewhat.
I figured why not spice it up a little with two new things, Spell dmg and Neglect dmg:

- Spell dmg, is as it might sound like a bonus stat that increase your damage with your spells. This is a flat % based stat which should help boost your magical damage.
- Neglect dmg, is a stat that when proccing will reduce that incoming damage based on how much you got in this stats. The chance of a proc is based on your prayer level. At level 7 prayer and each 8 levels after that will increase the proc chance by 1%. So at 99 you will have 12.5% chance of a proc. However that is not all, base chance of a proc is 2.5%.

With the new things added, I have done some changes to all magical gear by updating what bonus stats they give. I have also increased base damage per spell you cast, by atleast the double. I have also made sure you can now crit with your magical spells. I also changed how much healing the blood spells do, they heal you for 1/4 of what you would of dealt. This mean if the monster had 10 health left and you would of hit a 22, you then heal for 5 health.

I have taken the opportunity to change some gear around, for instant the dragonfire shield now give neglect damage based on firemaking level instead of a chance to neglect damage.
The crystal shield now double your chance for a critical hit while equipped.
Your bows made out of wood can only be equipped with a shield. All other bows can only equip crystal shield or book of balanced.
Seercull now attack the same speed as magic shortbow.

Fixes:
  • Fixed the trading dupe + some trading issues.
  • Updated magic, defence and agility skill menu.
  • Added some level requirement to items, see skill menu.
  • Fixed so you now have 91 - 99 shouts instead of just 94 - 99.
  • Fixed some animation issue while being unarmed.
  • Fixed so you know who needs to heal up before a duel, you or your opponent.
  • Made the rest function more common for gathering skills.
  • Made lamps more common.
  • Added a chance for a lamp to each kill you do while on your slayer task aswell as whenever you finish the task.
  • Fixed an issue with health being above maximum.
  • Negative bonus now properly being calculated.
  • Removed extra bonus from your defence and attack level.
*Edit*
There was a math bug with the formula so it would not count prayer levels properly, I have fixed it so it properly calculates.
Done some changes to spinned and black dhide armor's defensive values.
Also did some changes to skeletal defensive.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 07-22-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #2
Bubble
Registered Member

Consider reverting dfs please. This is the last thing we needed with how tedious it is to get and cook food all the time. And it barely proccs now.
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #3
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Consider reverting dfs please. This is the last thing we needed with how tedious it is to get and cook food all the time. And it barely proccs now.
The shield was long due for a nerf, it was way to good.
I can consider changing the proc chance but that is about it.
Do you got suggestion on a formula?
Old 07-22-2022   #4
hyun
Registered Member

I agree dfs needs a nerf, but the amount it took a hit for is too massive imo. I'm not too sure how much neglect % you can get up to, but as it stands right now based off rough napkin math leading up to about 50% neglect chance, we basically just took a 25% dmg reduction item down to 7.5%

First and foremost this is all under the premise that 99 fm gives 50% reduction and no other armour gives neglect chance. (not too sure on exactly what you may have buffed)

Buff the proc chance max back to 25%, can be kept using prayer as the determining factor, however change the formula to be static increases per lvl instead of a few lvls.
-As is stands now, your formula basically makes every 6 lvls of prayer "worthless", why not change the formula to just simply be .25% increase chance to proc per pray lvl, or maybe add a base chance to proc and decrease the amount/lvl you gain.
-This way every lvl stays relevant and the shield still stands to be nerfed 50% of power pre-change.

2. Since you also nerfed overall tankiness at max + "nerfed" gathering in the sense of less afk with more random events, would you please consider adding food drops to many monsters/bosses.
hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #5
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun View Post
I agree dfs needs a nerf, but the amount it took a hit for is too massive imo. I'm not too sure how much neglect % you can get up to, but as it stands right now based off rough napkin math leading up to about 50% neglect chance, we basically just took a 25% dmg reduction item down to 7.5%

First and foremost this is all under the premise that 99 fm gives 50% reduction and no other armour gives neglect chance. (not too sure on exactly what you may have buffed)

Buff the proc chance max back to 25%, can be kept using prayer as the determining factor, however change the formula to be static increases per lvl instead of a few lvls.
-As is stands now, your formula basically makes every 6 lvls of prayer "worthless", why not change the formula to just simply be .25% increase chance to proc per pray lvl, or maybe add a base chance to proc and decrease the amount/lvl you gain.
-This way every lvl stays relevant and the shield still stands to be nerfed 50% of power pre-change.

2. Since you also nerfed overall tankiness at max + "nerfed" gathering in the sense of less afk with more random events, would you please consider adding food drops to many monsters/bosses.
The proc chance before was 20% for a 100% reduce damage. That was abit to much. I am not going to just nerf the shield 50%, but rather make a universal proc chance of neglect damage. Every shield currently got the neglected dmg aswell as magical gear. If there is anything else that should, just let me know. Also for the formula I settled for a lower % due to might become to strong as I do not wish to do a dfs shield dilemma 2.0.

The drops is on our admin, I have let him do that work as I feel if I need to do drops aswell as other content, it will take more of my time.
Old 07-22-2022   #6
Bryan
Registered Member

Good work man, keep it up!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #7
Bubble
Registered Member

CHanging the dfs from complete damage negation to damage reduction is enough of a nerf already. Why lower the proc chance too? That should have stayed the same.
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #8
Jabast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Happy to sell you plenty of food
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #9
Kash
Registered Member

Can you explain the EXP lamp things for slayer monsters better?
Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022   #10
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Can you explain the EXP lamp things for slayer monsters better?
You got lesser demon task, you kill a lesser demon, it give slayer xp, it roll a chance for lamp.
You got lesser demon task still, you kill a lesser demon, it was your last kill, it roll a chance for lamp.
Not sure how else I would explain it.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 07-22-2022 at 06:44 PM.