Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Old 11-10-2020   #11
Unlighten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikenboom View Post
Populate
  • Release the server to the public. Go ahead and put the community on a TopList. The influx of players will keep the developement and player community motivated. More players = more fun/motivation/suggestions/bug finds.
be free to promte it.

Modernize
  • Change the text interface to 317 with the ability to change according to modern RSPS style. Allow NPCs to walk around clipped, and not face south
There is an opensource system releast by the dodian.net to develop a modern version, but we need time and motivation 2. U can find it on git! a few people include me has added some stuff to it, but is far form finish!
Moneytize
  • Make it where we can pay-to-win to stimulate the economy. This will also help off-set the price of server upkeep costs.
Pay to win is deleted! why, to kill that pop up dodian servers that always wil be te buggy version of it. What also die afther 1 or 2 months.

Seasonalize
  • Much like Winten's co-developer back in the day, customize the client's login screen as well as snow on the ground, bobbles, auto-text color/style, etc. While you're at it, fix the login screen so the current background is used to type in login info, rather than a common interface.
So that client background i can do that for u, we need a better client. To develop one, isnt so easy!
But maybe i will look into it the next weeks. And when some people finish the beta on git, we can build on a modern stable base. But u need to get that people in here, and they must do it for fun, not for the cash

But keep bring up suggestions!
  1. be free to promte it.
    Do you mean promote the idea or the community? I'd have to get clearance from an Administrator before I promote the community on TopLists.
  2. Pay to win is deleted! why, to kill that pop up dodian servers that always wil be te buggy version of it. What also die afther 1 or 2 months.
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say here. Do you mean there was once pay-to-win, but is now deleted? All I'm saying is Premiumship on RSPS is a bit outdated. The major servers all have pay-to-win (items and GP). However, Dodian is a trend setter; perhaps we could bring the trend of Premiumship back atleast.
Unlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020   #12
Pro Noob
Developer

"Populate
Release the server to the public. Go ahead and put the community on a TopList. The influx of players will keep the developement and player community motivated. More players = more fun/motivation/suggestions/bug finds.
"
- I'd say we hold off on this until we got something that is worth advertising for. There is some issues that need to be addressed first.

"Modernize
Change the text interface to 317 with the ability to change according to modern RSPS style. Allow NPCs to walk around clipped, and not face south
"
- Not sure what you mean with "Text interface to 317" aswell as "change according to modern rsps style", so elaborate on that.
For the npc facing south and not walking is a part of dodian. If people wish this to be changed, we'll need to poll it.

"Moneytize
Make it where we can pay-to-win to stimulate the economy. This will also help off-set the price of server upkeep costs.
"
- This is more my opinion and nothing set in stone, but I do not like pay to win games. However this is indeed a free to play game so this would be expected, just that I personally would prefer cosmetic that stands out then you buying best in slot gear for irl money.

"Seasonalize
Much like Winten's co-developer back in the day, customize the client's login screen as well as snow on the ground, bobbles, auto-text color/style, etc. While you're at it, fix the login screen so the current background is used to type in login info, rather than a common interface.
"
- I would hold of with this until we got a better client and perhaps a source that is more stable. I do like the idea though and hope we can add support for these type of things.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 11-10-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020   #13
Goku
Registered Member

I wish someone would take this community seriously. I'm willing to spend my own time and money on it to make it happen but I don't think anyone wants to see this server do any better. Same olf excuses and comments about bad coding, not the right time, blah blah blah but no action is ever taken. We could pop this thing off
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020   #14
I skill now
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I wish someone would take this community seriously. I'm willing to spend my own time and money on it to make it happen but I don't think anyone wants to see this server do any better. Same olf excuses and comments about bad coding, not the right time, blah blah blah but no action is ever taken. We could pop this thing off
I agree, Brandon!
I skill now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020   #15
Fabrice L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Who's stopping you? Everything you need is right there, open source.

I've spent 7 years on that codebase, also this thing you call bad coding is the fact that the codebase has alot of issues with recent java versions. And updating the entire codebase to fix that is just a no-go. Could just write an entire new server from scratch in the same time.

But for real, Dodian days are over. Even economy rsps in general,
Fabrice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021   #16
frissby

Hey. The same question interests me. Why are forum threads that are not deleted automatically for several years? I found information on the Internet about where you can buy leather lingerie. So that's it. The last post was written in 2003. And then I come in and start writing that lately I have been buying lingerie in MarieMur, and I understand that the forum thread is so old that no one will read my advice. So delete it altogether, it only clutters the Internet.

Last edited by frissby; 01-27-2021 at 01:52 PM.
frissby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021   #17
supertje
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frissby View Post
Modernized: I don't think the NPC's should be able to walk honestly.
why the fuck u will post on a topic thats 3 or 4 months old
Old 01-28-2021   #18
Iamgod
Registered Member

Who knows, but would be cool to get some updates like when you click somewhere multiple times then you DC.

Would also be sick if potion times were server time based always and wouldn't reset when you relog.

This servers potential is still very big up until this day.

Dodian was so successful back in the days due to the content being different from all the other servers: red, orange and yellow keys from bosses who weren't available in RS made it cool and unique. Better drops unlock when you reach a new boss with a new key etc. Monsters actually hitting in which makes fishing, cooking and eating food worth it.

Would be maybe a nice idea to set up some sort of a fond where people, who wish to donate could do so, to help with keeping the server up. Perhaps there would also be some money left over to hire someone who could help with the coding, as life gets busy at times and the owner cant code 24/7 next to everything else that is going on in their life.
Iamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021   #19
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamgod View Post
Who knows, but would be cool to get some updates like when you click somewhere multiple times then you DC.

Would also be sick if potion times were server time based always and wouldn't reset when you relog.

This servers potential is still very big up until this day.

Dodian was so successful back in the days due to the content being different from all the other servers: red, orange and yellow keys from bosses who weren't available in RS made it cool and unique. Better drops unlock when you reach a new boss with a new key etc. Monsters actually hitting in which makes fishing, cooking and eating food worth it.

Would be maybe a nice idea to set up some sort of a fond where people, who wish to donate could do so, to help with keeping the server up. Perhaps there would also be some money left over to hire someone who could help with the coding, as life gets busy at times and the owner cant code 24/7 next to everything else that is going on in their life.
I hear you, and I've considered donations. However the running costs of Dodian are very low, in fact they could be free if we wanted to. At the moment I think we pay $15/month for the server.

If we were to hire someone to program the server for us, that'd cost quite a bit of money. If I were to personally quote my hourly rate, it would be at least $30/hr.

Maybe we can setup something where we put a list of tasks, then have a donation fond that will go towards getting these tasks completed. Since the server is open source, we could even make it so the person completing a task is paid what the task is priced at.

There are however some things that needs to be in place for something like that to work, and it requires me, Ivan or Arch to get some stuff done prior to that.