Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Server > Discussion

Old 04-17-2022   #1
squad
Registered Member

Post Help Dodian alive & vote!

Hi Dodian fans! You guys want to bring back Dodian alive and wat to see new faces in the game? please visit this link and Vote for Dodian:
https://www.moparscape.org/rsps-list/server/dodian
Moparscape is the most used page for private servers so let's bring it to the top page!

I also added it on Rune-server, here is the link please vote:
https://www.rune-server.ee/toplist/d...ber_Server_30/

Last edited by squad; 04-17-2022 at 11:54 AM.
squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022   #2
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

I don't really appreciate you just ignoring me telling you it's not a good idea to advertise Dodian in it's current state. It's not your server to advertise, on top of that you didn't even bother to keep the information in the advertisement thread up to date with 2022...

I'm contemplating whether I should have the ads taken down or not, since it's not up to par with how I would've done it, and Dodian really isn't ready to be advertised alongside other RSPSs... Even some RSPS you download and host has more features etc than Dodian do... If people cared for the nostalgia, more people would've been here already... I've mentioned Dodian a ton of times in conversations in Rune-Server's Discord.

That said, I do appreciate the excitement for Dodian and the drive to make Dodian pop again. But if we want to do that, we need to do it right, we need to put it in a more competitive state than it is right now. Right now the only thing Dodian has to offer is nostalgia, nothing else.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #3
squad
Registered Member

apologies Nozemi but my dream is the old Dodian I understand the server is not in a good condition if you want to take it down that's up to you.
it's definitely not my server but would love to help or donate.
squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #4
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad View Post
apologies Nozemi but my dream is the old Dodian I understand the server is not in a good condition if you want to take it down that's up to you.
it's definitely not my server but would love to help or donate.
I know your intentions are good, and no apology is necessary I just need to be firm with this.

Right now it's a little early to accept any sort of donations - Perhaps we can accept donations that goes towards paying the VPS bills (which is due for renewal very soon). Our monthly costs are 9EUR for hosting, so not particularly expensive.

However, I'm not sure how to approach this yet. If you wish to donate, you can contact me on Discord, and we can arrange something there.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #5
Fabrice L

Please make sure the info you give people is correct.

Server is not updated daily, the whole staff list at the bottom is wrong.

Another thing is that we're not emulating dodian, we're running the original dodian source and added onto it. The server has been in what I'd call "maintenance mode" for the past few years.