Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2018   #1
a retard
Registered Member

Default Help making a beginners guide!

Hey everyone, I'd like to start making a beginners guide to Dodian, but I definitely need some help!

New players may be intimidated by the sort of natural 'explore at your leisure' style dodian's got going on. A big part of why we don't feel this is because ub3r had a HUGE guide section available, and we had a lot of really well designed and thorough guides. If any of you have some of those old guides saved (or if devs have access to that old content) I'd like to see some of them posted here!

But if not, let's focus on writing a sort of general guide for dodian? some basics, ya know. Things we'd need to focus on making well known.. what sort of content is available in some of the more obscure skills? How does a new dodianer figure out how to start herblore here? Where can they find cows for getting cowhides? where the shit are the rune rocks? How do we get to ess mine?

Little things that are different here that could be answered with a FAQ guide, that doesn't spoil too much of the exploration of the server.

I'm going to be writing up simple, starter guides on the skills I'm familiar with and compiling them into a beginners guide to dodian in the guides section, but there are big parts I'll be missing out on. I'd like to be able to explain to new players how to get started, at least level 40 in each skill.

If you're interested in helping, please comment here with what skills you'd be able to do a quick explanation for or just post the dang thing. With your permission, I'll add it to a beginners guide post. I'm going to make that post separately in the guides section and prefer to not have that post garbled up with comments that are parts of the guide.

For now, I've got a few skills covered

Mining, Smithing, Woodcutting, Firemaking (no brainer), Fletching.

Last edited by a retard; 02-01-2018 at 10:43 PM.
a retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018   #2
Marisa

I just took a look at it so far, looks like you've got a great start. Thanks for starting this.
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018   #3
Zman
Registered Member

I’m interested in helping you as I think this is extremely important. Please private message me on Discord when you can.
Zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018   #4
Luke
Retired Staff

That's a really great idea, lots of changes coming though so make sure to check with Zman to make sure he hasn't removed, changed or plans to update the content you want to work on
Old 02-02-2018   #5
a retard
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
That's a really great idea, lots of changes coming though so make sure to check with Zman to make sure he hasn't removed, changed or plans to update the content you want to work on
mhmm, there's parts of the guide I'm leaving italisized or colored that are likely to change or are unknowns, like where certain NPCs are.
a retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018   #6
Zman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a retard View Post
mhmm, there's parts of the guide I'm leaving italisized or colored that are likely to change or are unknowns, like where certain NPCs are.
Many things will change
Zman is offline   Reply With Quote