Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 02-26-2019   #1
Nozemi

Default New Server Alpha!

I believe it's time for a more formal and public update. I'm working on the new source, and it's currently ready for an alpha stage. There is a lot of content missing for it to be actual Dodian. However, with your help, we can start making a backlog I can work through and get things in shape.

You can download this temporary client here, if you want to be a part of testing and shaping this new Dodian server.

Probably worth noting that we have no intentions of moving away from what makes Dodian what it is, we just feel like we should polish what we already have. Currently Dodian feels very random and out of place. We want to make an attempt on making things a bit more consistent.

In the meantime, play as usual on the current live server. We're not planning to reset that, but some people don't agree with this decision. There are good arguments for and against, so we might be forced to revisit that discussion at a later point. However, we've made a promise not to reset, so it will take quite a bit to change that. But of course, the majority of the community will have the final say in what we do and don't.

There will be public backlogs, where you can view what we are and will work on, as well as what we have completed.

- Server: https://gitlab.nozemi.me/dodian/game-server/issues
- Client: https://gitlab.nozemi.me/dodian/game-client/issues
- Website: https://gitlab.nozemi.me/Nozemi/game-management/issues

The last link is a portal that I will be making once the server has come along and is closer to release, or even released. That portal will be where admins, mods and players manages the server, where your user rights decides what you can do.

In time, we'll also be replacing the vBulletin website, with something a bit more modern and more stable. An example of why we will be doing that is; currently there is a problem with the premium payment, so we're manually handling that. The reason is that vBulletin 3 no longer supports PayPal's APIs. I could probably fix vBulletin to support it, but I'd rather not to be honest.

The premium issue in particular will probably be getting a solution in this portal system, where you can manage your in-game account(s) etc.
Old 02-26-2019   #2
Bear

Sounds good hope to see the new server ready to go soon!
Old 02-26-2019   #3
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Sounds good hope to see the new server ready to go soon!
Yeah, it's currently "one man army" on the development end of things. Also I feel like a lot of things around here is kind of hanging half of a cliff. Running around trying to keep everything from falling.

However, I've done some of the basic leg-work that absolutely needs doing. Now you're at least able to see and feel what you can expect from the new server. Nothing that needs to be done is complicated, so we can expect things to be in good shape in two weeks of time.

When the Dodian content is in, and it really is a Dodian remake, we need to thoroughly test the content, and make sure everything is working as expected. Which would take about a week or two. Which is when we're going to make the actual transition and call it a launch.
Old 02-26-2019   #4
Dodian23
Registered Member

If this client/source is going to be the new server, I will gladly play.
Dodian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #5
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodian View Post
If this client/source is going to be the new server, I will gladly play.
It is, so I guess we'll see you around then. We still have far to go with it, but apparently I'm not as busy next week as I thought I'd be.