Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 12-04-2020   #1
Nozemi

Default Yesterday's Incident

Hello, since Ivan is out of reach and the importance of this matter is rather high, I'm taking it upon myself to write something about it.

UPDATE! We have identified the dupe, and it will be fixed accordingly. Anyone proven to be a participant in this will be permanently banned from Dodian. We have clear evidence of individuals duping alongside "the coolest mod" as he liked to describe himself. If anyone has anything to say about this incident, now is the time to come forward. We won't guarantee a free pass, but won't guarantee a ban either if you come forward. Either way we'll figure out who was involved in the duping.

Evidently we've had a rogue moderator. According to some of the players we've spoken to, I skill now has lead them to believe he's collecting donations on behalf of the owner(s). That simply isn't true. He's also conducting a lot of other serious offenses. That is not tolerated from a staff member. He is permanently banned from Dodian, both server and Discord.

We're paying attention to chat logs, and he claims staff has been threatening to expose his IP. IPs are what I'd consider personal information, and no matter what someone does, I don't expose other people's personal information. If any of the staff members at Dodian does this, it's a serious offense as well.

I tried to reach out to I skill now, asking him to explain the situation. Evidently he doesn't take this seriously at all. To him this is all just fun and "haha those fuckers couldn't even see it coming" kind of attitude towards it. Which is very disappointing. We've tried to give him every chance to improve as a moderator, and he has taken every chance to disappoint us, time after time. Dodian is a small community, so being friendly and giving people chances is fair. Though we can't let something like this slide.

As for the other incidents about item duping and bug abusing. Any account caught involving in that will be reset and/or wiped. There are no exceptions. We don't tolerate exploiting of game breaking bugs/exploits.

It's also worth noting that Zkiller has helped us in the past with finding exploits. He has thus been given (a lot) of leniency from the staff team. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed something going on around him. And to my knowledge, he isn't abusing any of these exploits in ways that affects the game negatively. If I'm wrong about this, I'm open for proof proving otherwise! The staff team just wants to ensure a fair and nostalgic gameplay.

And in the future, I hope you are comfortable coming to staff team with issues. If the issue is a particular staff member, come to me or Cache/Ivan about it. If the issue is with exploits or game related, you can come to any of our moderators.
Old 12-04-2020   #2
Jabast

Couldn't agree more to the last part! Some people after what happened yesterday stepped up to me saying; 'glad that corrupt mod abuser is gone' and stuff alike. If you have any clue or suspicion of anyone breaking rules, just tell me via pm on forums or ingame. Same goes for finding a bug or dupes, because in the end we'll find out anyway and any abuser will get punished. Sucks having to punish many accounts yesterday, but the evidence was very clear so we couldn't let anything slide. Hope we can move forward in a positive way now!
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020   #3
lilho0ligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
Hello, since Ivan is out of reach and the importance of this matter is rather high, I'm taking it upon myself to write something about it.

UPDATE! We have identified the dupe, and it will be fixed accordingly. Anyone proven to be a participant in this will be permanently banned from Dodian. We have clear evidence of individuals duping alongside "the coolest mod" as he liked to describe himself. If anyone has anything to say about this incident, now is the time to come forward. We won't guarantee a free pass, but won't guarantee a ban either if you come forward. Either way we'll figure out who was involved in the duping.

Evidently we've had a rogue moderator. According to some of the players we've spoken to, I skill now has lead them to believe he's collecting donations on behalf of the owner(s). That simply isn't true. He's also conducting a lot of other serious offenses. That is not tolerated from a staff member. He is permanently banned from Dodian, both server and Discord.

We're paying attention to chat logs, and he claims staff has been threatening to expose his IP. IPs are what I'd consider personal information, and no matter what someone does, I don't expose other people's personal information. If any of the staff members at Dodian does this, it's a serious offense as well.

I tried to reach out to I skill now, asking him to explain the situation. Evidently he doesn't take this seriously at all. To him this is all just fun and "haha those fuckers couldn't even see it coming" kind of attitude towards it. Which is very disappointing. We've tried to give him every chance to improve as a moderator, and he has taken every chance to disappoint us, time after time. Dodian is a small community, so being friendly and giving people chances is fair. Though we can't let something like this slide.

As for the other incidents about item duping and bug abusing. Any account caught involving in that will be reset and/or wiped. There are no exceptions. We don't tolerate exploiting of game breaking bugs/exploits.

It's also worth noting that Zkiller has helped us in the past with finding exploits. He has thus been given (a lot) of leniency from the staff team. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed something going on around him. And to my knowledge, he isn't abusing any of these exploits in ways that affects the game negatively. If I'm wrong about this, I'm open for proof proving otherwise! The staff team just wants to ensure a fair and nostalgic gameplay.

And in the future, I hope you are comfortable coming to staff team with issues. If the issue is a particular staff member, come to me or Cache/Ivan about it. If the issue is with exploits or game related, you can come to any of our moderators.
lol i remember comming to yous in discord with a bug and geting told not to spam the chat??? now u wana know about all the bugs. there one with ess bags where u can have double the ess fit in them
the taner he will still tan the full invintory off hides for you and all u need is the 1k 2k 5k or 10k for what ever hide u were doing.
im sure there was more me and wolf found. just cant remember.. anyways good luck with the server.
lilho0ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020   #4
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilho0ligan View Post
lol i remember comming to yous in discord with a bug and geting told not to spam the chat??? now u wana know about all the bugs. there one with ess bags where u can have double the ess fit in them
the taner he will still tan the full invintory off hides for you and all u need is the 1k 2k 5k or 10k for what ever hide u were doing.
im sure there was more me and wolf found. just cant remember.. anyways good luck with the server.
No idea about the "not spam the chat" thing, if I said that I'm very sorry. I might've been like "fuck the bugs" because we were working on a new source, and from my side, nothing was gonna get done on the current one. I also would rather have Arch work on the new one than fixing things on the old (current) one.

Also the new server has taken way way more time than I initially thought it would, which wasn't the plan. Though that's on me. I haven't done everything right either. I also have had some days where I've said things I shouldn't have said in the Discord. So again, I'm sorry for that.

Though when it comes to game breaking bugs like dupes, and conspiring with a rogue mod, we can't offer much leniency. Your offenses are serious, and you know it. There are no excuse to justify what was done.
Old 12-04-2020   #5
lilho0ligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
No idea about the "not spam the chat" thing, if I said that I'm very sorry. I might've been like "fuck the bugs" because we were working on a new source, and from my side, nothing was gonna get done on the current one. I also would rather have Arch work on the new one than fixing things on the old (current) one.

Also the new server has taken way way more time than I initially thought it would, which wasn't the plan. Though that's on me. I haven't done everything right either. I also have had some days where I've said things I shouldn't have said in the Discord. So again, I'm sorry for that.

Though when it comes to game breaking bugs like dupes, and conspiring with a rogue mod, we can't offer much leniency. Your offenses are serious, and you know it. There are no excuse to justify what was done.
yeah i understand and im not mad at all. im glad the experience hack is out of the game now its ligit hs. and with the item duping i am sorry for what happend but at least thats been found and out of the game now too.

all the best with dodian might play again one day. ( if im allowed that is)
lilho0ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020   #6
Nozemi

Quote:
yeah i understand and im not mad at all. im glad the experience hack is out of the game now its ligit hs. and with the item duping i am sorry for what happend but at least thats been found and out of the game now too.

Not a good situation on either side to be honest. We shall let things calm/settle a bit, and see how things develop.

If things go according to plan, we're gonna see a lot of new stuff on Dodian in the future. I might repurpose some of what I make for my other server project to Dodian.
Old 12-04-2020   #7
K B D K0
Registered Member

Quote:

You sorry for what happened or the fact you and whoever else got caught? It's sad to see absolute douchebags attempt to ruin this community.

You and others attempted to destroy the game, I hope you never get to play again.
K B D K0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020   #8
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
There is nothing in discord history that tell us you were spamming the chat with bugs or that someone told you to stop. If you can find when it was, I can have a better look to see if that was the case.
We do always want you to report bugs either on the website or in our discord under the "bugs-and-suggestion" section.
I do actively check there to find what to fix next (you might have seen my fix posts).
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020   #9
Tiylz
Premium

I didn't abuse the bug or dupe why am I banned?
Tiylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020   #10
Jabast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiylz View Post
I didn't abuse the bug or dupe why am I banned?
Because we have solid proof you RWT'd..

Or should I remind you you met I skill now at wintertodt on osrs?
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote