Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 06-20-2022   #1
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Default Outsourcing & Crowdfunding Development of Dodian

I'll cut right to the chase. As we all know, I'm not very effective, and I've had people offer to donate in the past, but kept turning you down. Now however, I've decided to explore the option of outsourcing parts of the development of Dodian, which creates a crowdfunding possibility to get Dodian where it needs to go.

This will in no way guarantee anything, but it'll be a good and honest attempt at getting something done. So I've taken the time to write up a request thread on Rune-Server (click to see thread). This thread is mostly intended to build a network of people I can go to when we have something that can be outsourced and have the means to pay someone.

I've also written a little bit of information about donations and how to donate on Discord, in the #donating channel. You feel free to read that if you're interested in paying outside developers to do what I'm not.

Also should probably be said; I can't guarantee that I won't ever encounter scammers, but I will guarantee that I do what I can to ensure I don't give scammers our funds. I won't be careless with the money, and will vet the ones who are to do services well - mostly rely on trusted members of the RSPS community, at least as much as I can.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022   #2
Redsnow
Registered Member

Great step forward Nozemi!
Redsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022   #3
msi07
Registered Member

Honestly i feel dodian has had a place in my heart for a very long time as i played the original server when it had hundreds of players running around.

Pimpscape, cheatskape, drugscape, delta and so on so i have been around a long time even longer on rs dating back to 1999-2000 roughly.

Seeing i work a lot now and have a wife i understand quite a bit now days even more so being a sysadmin when it comes to IT.

I will take it upon myself to donate in a few days i do not want anything in return i just know being an open source person myself it doesn't always pay the bills at home.
msi07 is offline   Reply With Quote