Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 03-27-2021   #1
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Default Staff Changes

People may start asking questions about what is going on at Dodian now. Well, I've came to realize that me and Ivan can't work together, and in my opinion he has made some questionable decisions, even some despite disagreements from other staff members.

I've gone ahead and removed Ivan from his admin position and Ween from his moderator position. Ween has proven to be extremely toxic, especially towards the staff team. If he has a problem with the majority of the staff team, and works it out by talking shit about us in the general public, he's not fit to be part of said staff team.

So what's going to happen now?
I'll be stepping back into being administrating Dodian again. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and will mainly focus on getting a new website and server up and running. Because we really need both.

I know I've been claiming to work on this for a long time, but never delivering. I won't make any promises this time either, but I've made some life choices that will give me more time to work on Dodian. I also think that, if not big, at least a decent game with a decent sized community.

When the new server is out
So my plan is to launch a new server (without resetting anyone's progress/stats), and a new website. This will allow us to maintain Dodian more easily, add more modern features. We'll see what we can add in terms of new content once we reach that point.

We've been lucky to have Supertje help us make some new maps. These will go live along with the new server, and it's going to be a new Dodian experience. It's mostly about relocating existing map locations, so not custom designed maps. More on that later.

I also thought that with the new server going live, we can also start fresh on punishments. Though some cases of punishment needs to be reviewed before we can lift them.

With the new website, we'll have a ticket management system, so it will be a lot easier to maintain good decisions in the staff team, as well as take care of any abusive staff members.

I hope you can bear with me in the meantime of all of this. In the meantime me and the rest of the staff team will do the best we can to help assist you!
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021   #2
Ween
Banned

If every single one of you didn't act like buffoons there'd be nothing to talk shit about lol. You guys are a mess.
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021   #3
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
If every single one of you didn't act like buffoons there'd be nothing to talk shit about lol. You guys are a mess.
Start with yourself, and please refrain from continuing the discussion here.
Old 03-27-2021   #4
Jabast

Cool

As far as I'm concerned, these changes were a necessity for the integrity of both the server and the staff team. Throwing unnecessary shade over people and trashtalking people dedicating alot of time and work into the server is everything we don't need. But let's not get stuck in the past and move on, I'm confident in Nozemi on the wheel of our bus
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021   #5
matokiller5
Registered Member

It is difficult to describe how very pleased I am to hear that. Big thanks to Nozemi for giving life back to server we all love! After long time, I am looking forward to what will come. Thanks a lot!
matokiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021   #6
Ween
Banned

Until you realized he's made false promises or has gotten the community hyped up on a cycle like 5 times already since he's started this new source. This is nothing new. His momentary return (which was fueled by the rage of being opposed this time) for a turn around into immediate demotivation and toxicity. The cycle will never end and I'm truly sorry as a community we have to have these people in charge.

Last edited by Ween; 03-27-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021   #7
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween View Post
Until you realized he's made false promises or has gotten the community hyped up on a cycle like 5 times already since he's started this new source. This is nothing new. His momentary return (which was fueled by the rage of being opposed this time) for a turn around into immediate demotivation and toxicity. The cycle will never end and I'm truly sorry as a community we have to have these people in charge.
You keep proving my decision to remove you as moderator. Also I certainly haven’t seen either you or Ivan contribute or make an effort to get Dodian developed, other than whining over people not working for free. So let’s drop this silly discussion. The situation is terrible. I’ve made tons of bad promises that was never delivered. Yet there is nobody doing anything about it, I’m the closest one to do something. So as bad as it is, I’m the only hope Dodian has. Ivan has been in charge for a while now, but not a lot has happened, even after I stopped making any promises and told straight up I didn’t want to continue working on Dodian.

With this I ask you nicely to stop the negativity you have towards me and the rest of the staff team. It’s not gonna help anyone. In fact it’s things like this that make me toxic and not desire to work on Dodian. Not reason alone of course.
Old 03-28-2021   #8
Ivan
Retired Staff

I have to say, I didn't expect to see this and finally know why I couldn't log in after I got home from work. Last I heard you were stepping away again but I see you had a change of heart. I thought we had a better understanding between us to possibly made this transition a little 'smoother' but it is what it is. No hard feelings, I only want Dodian to prosper and if you are going to become fully committed then good luck to all involved. I can only get things done with the tools I have at hand. I wish everyone good luck with their future endeavors and once and for all,
Thank you for playing Dodian!
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021   #9
Redsnow
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the problems with staff. Looks like a step in the right direction for Dodian. Thanks for putting in the work on the new open source! Can't wait.
Redsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021   #10
Goku
Registered Member

I'll be back if there's a reset
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote