Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 03-30-2021   #11
Jabast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I'll be back if there's a reset
We've already told you a million times that won't happen.
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021   #12
matokiller5
Registered Member

Default reset

Quote:
I'll be back if there's a reset
I agree with you friend, the economy of the server is very bad and restarting the server is really necessary. There is definitely a way to prevent 10 whips in game per player. With the new server comes new players and the economy will be good, at least from the beginning. The question is how to keep economy in good shape.

I can think of several solutions to solve it:

1. setting the droprate to such a level that obtaining the item is a challenge, but at the same time it is not impossible.
2. 1% of the money is removed from the game by each duel.
3. only cash could be staked. It should give true value to gp.
4. skip tasks is great as it is, it removes a lot of money and I realy like it.
5. it is possible to add some fees to selected locations.

If you really don't want to restart the server anymore, let's at least restart the economy or do the voting. I hope that if we run everything from again, we can achieve a quality server with good perspective to play. Let me know what you think about it.
matokiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021   #13
matokiller5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
Good thinking this, and it's appreciated! We'll for sure have to do something to stabilize the economy of Dodian. However wiping it only temporarily solves it. Fixing the problem's root will permanently fix the economy long term as it is. However right now I'm not concerned with this.

Plan at the moment is to deliver on what I've been babbling about for the past two years, finally. Hopefully I can make it happen this time around. New website is progressing very well. Which will allow us to do way more in terms of logging and managing the server. I know a lot of you have been accusing mods for staff abuse. I want to make sure we get to the bottom of stuff like that.

I'll make sure to make an announcement explaining more in detail what we've planned for the future of Dodian. I just need to make some more progress on the new website and server before. There will likely be a beta of both the new website and the new server when we get closer.

In the meantime, please trust that we think things thoroughly before we decide on anything. There have been too many mistakes to rush any decisions. Despite this, we'll probably make some more mistakes here and there.
Some mistakes are going to be made for sure, however the beta version of the server should reveal at least the most serious ones, so it's a very good idea. I think Dodian is finally in good hands and whatever happens I want to be there.
matokiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021   #14
Goku
Registered Member

I'd even return with a partial reset (economy)
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021   #15
Jabast

Quote:
I'd even return with a partial reset (economy)
Tbh I'd be down for an economy reset. But if we want to do that, we need to find ways to make our economy a bit healthier before resetting. Otherwise it will just turn to crap.
Jabast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021   #16
supertje
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabast View Post
Tbh I'd be down for an economy reset. But if we want to do that, we need to find ways to make our economy a bit healthier before resetting. Otherwise it will just turn to crap.
agree, but i think this eco base we now have is for a larger player group, but we stay small and will all get high levels for now.
Old 04-02-2021   #17
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by matokiller5 View Post
I agree with you friend, the economy of the server is very bad and restarting the server is really necessary. There is definitely a way to prevent 10 whips in game per player. With the new server comes new players and the economy will be good, at least from the beginning. The question is how to keep economy in good shape.

I can think of several solutions to solve it:

1. setting the droprate to such a level that obtaining the item is a challenge, but at the same time it is not impossible.
2. 1% of the money is removed from the game by each duel.
3. only cash could be staked. It should give true value to gp.
4. skip tasks is great as it is, it removes a lot of money and I realy like it.
5. it is possible to add some fees to selected locations.

If you really don't want to restart the server anymore, let's at least restart the economy or do the voting. I hope that if we run everything from again, we can achieve a quality server with good perspective to play. Let me know what you think about it.
Good thinking this, and it's appreciated! We'll for sure have to do something to stabilize the economy of Dodian. However wiping it only temporarily solves it. Fixing the problem's root will permanently fix the economy long term as it is. However right now I'm not concerned with this.

Plan at the moment is to deliver on what I've been babbling about for the past two years, finally. Hopefully I can make it happen this time around. New website is progressing very well. Which will allow us to do way more in terms of logging and managing the server. I know a lot of you have been accusing mods for staff abuse. I want to make sure we get to the bottom of stuff like that.

I'll make sure to make an announcement explaining more in detail what we've planned for the future of Dodian. I just need to make some more progress on the new website and server before. There will likely be a beta of both the new website and the new server when we get closer.

In the meantime, please trust that we think things thoroughly before we decide on anything. There have been too many mistakes to rush any decisions. Despite this, we'll probably make some more mistakes here and there.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023   #18
Angelpandas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabast View Post
As far as I'm concerned, these changes were a necessity for the integrity of both the server and the https://royal-game-of-ur.com/ team. Throwing unnecessary shade over people and trashtalking people dedicating alot of time and fantasy miniature war game into the server is everything we don't need. But let's not get stuck in the past and https://sharpedgeshop.com/collections/meat-knives on, I'm confident in Nozemi on the wheel of our bus
Ah, the winds of change blowing through our server, guiding us towards a path of integrity and respect. Let us leave behind the shadows of unnecessary shade and embrace a brighter future, where dedication and hard work shine like beacons. With Nozemi at the helm, I trust our bus shall journey forward with confidence. Onward we go, united in our pursuit of a harmonious community!

Last edited by Angelpandas1; 06-20-2023 at 09:20 AM.
Angelpandas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023   #19
Renegade
Registered Member

Oh, let me count the ways I am overwhelmed with joy by this momentous occasion. Nozemi, the pinnacle of dedication and leadership, has graced us all with his presence. What an honor it is to witness the server inching closer to its public release. My heart, it sings with unparalleled ecstasy.

Nozemi, the developer extraordinaire, toils day and night, sacrificing sleep, sanity, and social interactions for the greater good of this server. Oh, the sacrifices! Who needs a balanced life anyway? Certainly not Nozemi. No, he choose to dedicate his self fully, to serve as the guiding light in this labyrinth of code and administration.

And let's not forget his administrative prowess. A true marvel! Nozemi possesses the uncanny ability to rule over this virtual realm with a velvet glove, ensuring that all systems run as smoothly as an Olympic figure skater. He squashes bugs like a seasoned exterminator, fearlessly battling the tiny digital creatures that dare to disrupt his grand vision.

The server, oh the server, it draws nearer to public release with each passing day. The excitement is palpable! It's as if we're on the edge of a precipice, ready to plunge into a sea of unknown adventures and possibilities. How lucky are we, the mere mortals, to witness such an event unfold before our eyes?

So here I stand, on the verge of tears, overwhelmed with uncontainable happiness. Nozemi, the beacon of light in this dark abyss, leads us toward a brighter future. I bow down, humbled by his unwavering dedication and unquestionable leadership. May the server's release be as glorious as Nozemi's contributions. Oh, how fortunate we are!
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote