Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Server > Discussion

View Poll Results: Limit time restrictive, single drop content to 1 account at a time?
Yes 10 71.43%
No 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2019   #1
Resohh

Lightbulb Limits on multi-logging?

Multilogging has some benefits and some negatives on this server from what i can tell. its understandable if people want to have one account skilling and one account bossing, since there is down time in both. my issue is, when people want to do content that is limited by a timer, that only one player can receive the reward of. this includes doing multiple bosses at once on more than one account, or doing the thieving chests. having multiple accounts and doing this is unfair to other players. in reality without this limit, someone could have 12 windows open and just do all the bosses at once. its not against the rules. so im proposing a rule that limits the amount of this type of content to 1 at a time. this way there are other options for players to do if there is someone at one of the bosses they want to do. because as it stands, 3 or 4 players could easily have all of the major content covered that can only be done by 1 player at a time. thoughts?
Resohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #2
Goku
Registered Member

The vote no, I meant to put yes. you should only be able to have 1 account bossing, if you wanna mutlilog skilling or staking who cares
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #3
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
The vote no, I meant to put yes. you should only be able to have 1 account bossing, if you wanna mutlilog skilling or staking who cares
Fixed that for you
Old 03-08-2019   #4
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resohh View Post
Multilogging has some benefits and some negatives on this server from what i can tell. its understandable if people want to have one account skilling and one account bossing, since there is down time in both. my issue is, when people want to do content that is limited by a timer, that only one player can receive the reward of. this includes doing multiple bosses at once on more than one account, or doing the thieving chests. having multiple accounts and doing this is unfair to other players. in reality without this limit, someone could have 12 windows open and just do all the bosses at once. its not against the rules. so im proposing a rule that limits the amount of this type of content to 1 at a time. this way there are other options for players to do if there is someone at one of the bosses they want to do. because as it stands, 3 or 4 players could easily have all of the major content covered that can only be done by 1 player at a time. thoughts?
I'm planning on making a character management system. Where you have on forum account housing every character. You'll get a character selection dialogue once logging in.

When we have that in place, we'll know whether or not someone is abusing the multilogging. We'll also be able to write code that detects when someone is doing this.

I've also thought about blocking every known proxy or VPN, so that you have to connect to the server/website with your actual IP.

I agree with your points above. I believe that most people do, as this is a seriously annoying issue. At least if someone could successfully be at all bosses at all times.

Basically (TL;DR):
While multi-logging, you may only kill bosses with one account. While killing bosses, you may not do thieving chests with another account. Or any other rewarding thing where there is one instance and a timer.
Old 03-08-2019   #5
Royal
Registered Member

Makes no sense honestly, so were saying its better to have someone just sitting there auto clicking the theving chest like this dude does? I say do whatever you want if someone wants to take the time to train up 12 accounts to steal every boss that's their time to do so with. Dumb poll
Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #6
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal View Post
Makes no sense honestly, so were saying its better to have someone just sitting there auto clicking the theving chest like this dude does? I say do whatever you want if someone wants to take the time to train up 12 accounts to steal every boss that's their time to do so with. Dumb poll
It does make sense, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.
Old 03-08-2019   #7
Oof

Server has a LOT more concerns than multi-logging. If one person leveling two accounts is more efficient than you leveling 1 then they are a better player. I know of at least 3 ways I could multi-log on different IP's and the staff wouldn't know the difference.
Oof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #8
Resohh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof View Post
Server has a LOT more concerns than multi-logging. If one person leveling two accounts is more efficient than you leveling 1 then they are a better player. I know of at least 3 ways I could multi-log on different IP's and the staff wouldn't know the difference.
You obviously dont understand the post. its not about multilogging. its about players doing multiple content that excludes other players from doing it with more than one account.
Old 03-08-2019   #9
Oof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resohh View Post
You obviously dont understand the post. its not about multilogging. its about players doing multiple content that excludes other players from doing it with more than one account.
I understand. What i'm telling you is even if staff ban's on multi logging (the only way to tell is via IP address) There are MULTIPLE ways to avoid this and most of us are smart enough to do this.
Oof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019   #10
Resohh

read above bro