Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Server > Guides

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2018   #1
Pani

Default Getting the client to work on Mac OS.

Hey guys, I've noticed that some people have been having issues getting the client to load on their Mac's. This is just a quick fix which worked for me and will hopefully help others too.

Firstly, you will want to download the official Dodian.net client by clicking here or by clicking the 'Play Now' button within the Navigation section on the Dodian.net homepage.

Once you run the client, you may find that it loads initially, and then closes un-expectantly. Now here is the trick - You will want to enable the viewing of hidden files and folders on your Mac.

To do this, you will want to open your user folder, you can find this by typing your computer logon username in Spotlight. Once you are in the folder, you will see many files. To reveal hidden files and folders press:

Code:
CMD + SHIFT + .
This toggles the viewing of hidden files and folders, and you can just press the keys again to hide them.

Once the hidden files and folders are revealed, you will come across the ".Dodian_V2Launcher" file.

https://ibb.co/n6B3w6

Double click this file and you will find the real DodianClient.jar you are looking for!

https://ibb.co/kBDu3m

This will load the client from now on, so make a shortcut on your desktop!

I hope this helped some mac users who were having issues with this. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me on here or on Discord.

Last edited by Pani; 01-29-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Closed Thread