Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Old 09-30-2021   #1
Bench

Default Dupes and Additions

Hey all,

My name is Jordan. It’s been a while since I’ve played and made a new account about 2 weeks ago. Love the nostalgia!

I do however, see some opportunities, I’m sure everyone is aware of, I've tried my best to get up to speed on current status of things, but I’ll be honest, I probably do not know everything, so apologies if someone has already suggested these things or mentioned them already.

1.) No trading due to a dupe - Ive noticed that the new server being worked on is priority, which is understandable, great work by the way Nozemi, the updates so far look amazing!

However, There’s no trading or dueling, which is a big part of this server as the grinds are pretty long and being able to trade or buy/sell/duel for resources/weapons/armor from other players helps significantly. How can we come together as a community and help fix this bug/dupe to lift this trading ban? I only see positives in fixing this; Daily player count increases, which in turn when the new server goes live, more people are aware of and engaged to retain the player base.

2.) Jad no longer on island - I think this would be an easy fix, although I’m not aware of why it was taken out of Dodian in the first place, maybe someone can shed some light on that.

What do you all think about this? Would like to see 3.0 go strong with the new server in development, I only see wins with these being fixed other than the time to fix them, but maybe we can help eliminate the hours/days it would take to fix these by coming together with ideas?
Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021   #2
supertje
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Hey all,

My name is Jordan. It’s been a while since I’ve played and made a new account about 2 weeks ago. Love the nostalgia!

I do however, see some opportunities, I’m sure everyone is aware of, I've tried my best to get up to speed on current status of things, but I’ll be honest, I probably do not know everything, so apologies if someone has already suggested these things or mentioned them already.

1.) No trading due to a dupe - Ive noticed that the new server being worked on is priority, which is understandable, great work by the way Nozemi, the updates so far look amazing!

However, There’s no trading or dueling, which is a big part of this server as the grinds are pretty long and being able to trade or buy/sell/duel for resources/weapons/armor from other players helps significantly. How can we come together as a community and help fix this bug/dupe to lift this trading ban? I only see positives in fixing this; Daily player count increases, which in turn when the new server goes live, more people are aware of and engaged to retain the player base.

2.) Jad no longer on island - I think this would be an easy fix, although I’m not aware of why it was taken out of Dodian in the first place, maybe someone can shed some light on that.

What do you all think about this? Would like to see 3.0 go strong with the new server in development, I only see wins with these being fixed other than the time to fix them, but maybe we can help eliminate the hours/days it would take to fix these by coming together with ideas?
1. There is already looked into a few people to fix the trade bug, as result allot need to be rewriten. So it takes allot of time and testing. Be free to try (code is on git)

2. Jad is not removed, he is form a other dodian remake! it has never been full in this server.
At this time, while @nozemi is working on a new base, there are no efforts to add new bosses. All new addons we need to add in the new base, that results in more work, more time, and the release will allot later.

When Nozemi got a stable base, we can go add the content of the server, that will go a little faster i hope, because more people of the dev team can help with that.

For now keep playing. and sorry to say this, but deal with the issues for now.
I know Nozemi works so fast if he can! I would love to help him, but my time is atm limited and the core goes by far above me programming knowledge.
Old 10-01-2021   #3
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

1. This certainly is a problem. I attempted to fix it, but either I lack the experience, or it does require a full rewrite of trading/dueling, which I won't spend the time doing. I certainly lack the experience to rewrite that.

2. Jad is not to return, however unfortunate that is, those items are temporarily discontinued. We'll have a solution for that sometime down the road.

I've decided that I want to take advantage of Kotlin and Kotlin coroutines for the server, so it'll take a bit more time as I figure things out. However it should be well worth it in the end.

I will also take the time to rev upgrade the server so it's up to date with OSRS for the time being. OSRS releases revision 200 some time next week, so that's what I'm aiming at upgrading to.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote